SUPER easy & tasty pasta idea from Rome!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

urmaniac13

Executive Chef
"Spaphetti aglio, olio & peperoncino" (Spaghetti with garlic, olive oil & red crushed pepper), another specialty that represents Roman cuisine. This is an absolute winning ticket when --- sudden dinner guests are coming and you are unprepared / you got home late and everyone is ravenous / you are just not up for extensive cooking / your cupboard is almost empty and it is too late to go out for shopping--- yet you would like something appealing and enjoyable for dinner. Just check this recipe out...

You just need...
-Spaghetti, about 100g per person, a little more for a hearty eater, or if it is made for a side dish about 80g
-Garlic, 1 clove per person, finely chopped or crushed
-Crushed red pepper, depends on how spicy you like, average of just a small pinch
-Good quality extra virgine olive oil
-Salt to taste
-Flat leaf parsley, generous handful, chopped

Fry the garlic and pepper in a skillet, with the hot oil enough to cover the bottom so the garlic and pepper will float. Cut the heat as soon as the garlic pieces starts to brown just slightly... this is crucial not to burn them, as they continue to cook in the hot oil for a while.
Toss the hot oil/garlic/pepper mixture, salt, piping hot spaghetti just cooked al dente, and the parsley altogether.
That's all there is to it!!

Also another note is that you make sure you use a good olive oil... the flavour of the oil is prominent in this dish, and it can make or kill it depends on the quality of the flavour the oil got!!

Buon Appetito!!:chef:

Last edited:
Have you ever made this with fresh hot red peppers?

It's fall now and with the peppers almost ready to pick
this sounds great. I think I even prefer pasta without a red sauce, and garlic and spaghetti are 2 of my favorite things.
Thanks.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom