is a multi language website for those interested in this wonderful blue vein Italian Cheese from the province of Lombardia.
Here is a traditional rigatoni recipe that I have been making for many years however, one can make it with any type of macaroni they prefer and with Roquerfort or Cabrales or Bavarian Blue.
2 1/2 tblsps creamy butter
1/2 cup breadcrumbs from a French style or Italian style Baguette
1 1/4 cup whole milk ( please do not use fat free or low fat )
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 tblsp all purpose flour
12 oz. Gorgonzola blue vein cheese crumbled
1 pound rigatoni or penne pasta macaroni
1/4 cup grated reggiano parmesano or pecorino sardo
1. preheat oven to 400 farenheit degrees
2. butter a 13x9x2 inch glass baking dish
3. melt 1/2 tblsp of butter in small skillet
4. add breadcrumbs and stir until golden ( 4 mins. )
5. remove skillet from heat
6. bring milk and cream to simmer in medium saucepan
7. remove from heat and melt 2 remaining tblsps of butter in another medium saucepan
8. whisk until lightly thickened about 4 mins.
9. add the gorgonzola and whisk until the cheese melts and the sauce is almost smooth and set aside
10. cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender but firm to bite, and drain.
11. return pasta to pot and toss to coat with the gorgonzola concoction and salt and pepper.
12. transfer to the glass baking dish and sprinkle with reggiano parmesano or pecorino sardo and breadcrumbs and bake until sauce bubbles 25 mins.
13. let stand 5 mins before serving
*** one can serve with an arugula salad with cherry tomatoes, and a vinaigrette of choice and a Prosecco. NICE LUNCH AND EASY.