TNT Rice is nice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
Having a pork roast? Like rice? My grand kids love this.

Cook 1 c. rice with a 1 inch piece of fresh poeeled ginger In 2 c. boiling water, til done, about 25 minutes. While rice is cooking soak 1/4 c. raisins and currants and 2 oz. chopped apricots In hot water to cover, then drain when plump. When rice is ready, remove ginger and put rice into warm serving casserole add pepper and 1/2 tea. nutmeg 2 tea. minced shallots,1 tab. lemon juice,1/2 tea. coriander,and 1 tab, evoo Now gentky fold in your plumped raisins,currants and apricots. Just as you serve top with1/2 c. toasted pine nuts.
enjoy,
kadesma

Last edited:
Having a pork roast? Like rice? My grand kids love this.

Cook 1 c. rice with a 1 inch piece of fresh oeeled ginger In 2 c. boiling water, til done, about 25 minutes. While rice is cooking soak 1/4 c. raisins and currants and 2 oz. chopped apricots In hot water to cover, then drain when plump. When rice is ready, remove ginger and put rice into warm serving casserole add pepper and 1/2 tea. nutmeg 2 tea. minced shallots,1 tab. lemon juice,1/2 tea. coriander,and 1 tab, evoo Now gentky fold in your plumped raisins,currants and apricots. Just as you serve top with1/2 c. toasted pine nuts.
enjoy,
kadesma

Sounds really good. Have you ever tried just tossing the raisins, currants and apricots in to cook with the rice?

Sounds really good. Have you ever tried just tossing the raisins, currants and apricots in to cook with the rice?
No I haven't I'm like my DH do everything the hard way:LOL: But that is a great idea. Next time one less step.
kades

sounds yummy to me, will have to find recipes for rice, i can eat as much as i want, if unsalted. thank you.
I'd just pick one I like leave out the salt. With raising, currants, apricots you get plemty of flavor and I have cut down my salt and am use to it now.
kades:)

Back
Top Bottom