Too much sugar in pasta sauce

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey. Late to the party, as usual.

I'm fairly new to the forum (a year or so) but I know that it's very typical of this forum to bring a topic back to life even years after the OP.

I don't quite recall what I said earlier but I think (upon further reflection) that when you've put in too much sugar, too much salt, too much hot sauce or too much anything else, you should just toss it and make a note to not do that again.

Another good thing to keep in mind is to not make too big a batch when you're trying a new recipe. It's one thing to have your dinner spoiled and quite another thing to have a major investment in several or dozens of meals gambled on whether you like a recipe or not.

And also, it's a good idea to have some familiarity with similar recipes before trying one. It appears the OP had a flawed recipe (specifying too much sugar) and perhaps comparison with other similar recipes would have made the excessive sugar amount obvious.

I don't quite recall what I said earlier but I think (upon further reflection) that when you've put in too much sugar, too much salt, too much hot sauce or too much anything else, you should just toss it and make a note to not do that again.

It is very easy to read back through the thread, though, I think this one has really been covered, and run it's course. . . I dunno. . .

Salt can be a blessing and a curse. As can Sugar. I guess OP will certainly know next time, as there has been a lot of useful info posted here.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom