This lasagna is so easy, and my husband loves it! We have to have it once a week or I get in trouble.
9 whole wheat lasagna noodles
10 oz classic hummus
45 oz (Ragu) mushroom and green pepper pasta sauce
8 oz frozen chopped spinach
olive oil cooking spray
1. Boil water for noodles, as directed on package.
2. Once water is boiling, add the noodles. (Drain and set aside when they are done...about 10 minutes)
3. Meanwhile, set the oven to 400 degrees (Fahrenheit) and mix together the hummus, spinach and about one cup of the pasta sauce in a medium mixing bowl.
4. Spray a 3 quart casserole dish with the olive oil cooking spray. Spread just enough pasta sauce in the dish to cover the bottom. Lay 3 noodles on the sauce. Add a little more sauce on top of the noodles, then spread half of the hummus mixture on top. A little more sauce, then 3 more noodles. Again, a little more sauce, the rest of the hummus mixture, just a bit more sauce! Then the last three noodles, and top with the rest of the sauce.
5. Cover with foil, and bake for 45 minutes. Allow to cool for about 10 minutes (this will allow it to be cut into slices since it won't be as runny)
I hope you enjoy this as much as we do! There are endless ways to change it up, but for our location, this is the most cost-effective method I am aware of.
Feel free to comment with varieties if you like it!
Maybe some suggestions of pasta sauce/hummus recipes?