You could use a basic curry sauce and add into it anything you like - it could be tofu or quorn, a selection of vegetables. You could even have curried eggs, add hard boiled eggs to your sauce shortly before serving - they need to take on some of the flavour but not over cook.
This is a korma recipe - we usually use chicken but you could add anything you want.
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 large onion
4cm piece of root ginger
4 whole cloves
4 cardamom pods, crushed
1 tsp ground coriander
1 ½ tsp ground cumin
¼ tsp allspice
½ tsp ground turmeric
1 tsp mild chilli
3 cloves garlic
2 tsp tomato puree
75g ground almonds
250 ml stock
200ml whipping cream
50g flaked toasted almonds
2. Peel and chop the onion and garlic.
3. Peel and grate the root ginger. Measure out the spices, mixing together, except for the cloves and cardamom pods.
4. Fry the onion, cloves, and cardamom pods in the vegetable oil for a few minutes until the onion begins to soften,
5. Add the garlic and ginger, and fry for 4 minutes. Then add all the remaining spices, stirring around to release the flavour.
6. Add the tomato puree, ground almonds, stock and cream, and simmer for about 15 minutes, until reduced to the consistency of thick cream. Taste and add seasoning if required.
7. Sprinkle toasted almonds on top and serve with rice and/or naan bread.