Warm milky drinks. Help please!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Might as well also bring out the Amaretto and Frangelico.

Frangelico..yes please! Amaretto..no thanks! Anything almondy like marzipan, amaretti biscuits, amaretto... Just can't do it captain:sick: I can eat almonds, weird I guess..lol!
We use to drink a creamy Prickly pear liquer when I was younger, can't remember the name. It was soooo delicious, wish I could find it again!

Please excuse my ignorance but isn't Botswana in southern Africa? How cold does it get there?

Please excuse my ignorance but isn't Botswana in southern Africa? How cold does it get there?

Hi, your not ignorant :) We can't know everything about each country. Botswana is a neighbouring country of South Africa and I believe we fall under west africa. It gets at worst -2 degrees but usually somewhere between 5 and 15 degrees in winter. Not as cold as elsewhere in the world but still darn cold if your used to summers that reach 50 degrees celsius. Have a great day :)

I have a recipe for cookies that my grandma always made (peppernuts--but not the German variety--the Scandinavian variety) that uses freshly ground pepper...yummy. The has to be frozen--I tend to slice slices off and eat it raw...the flavor is similar to carmelized condensed milk...only with pepper added.

I'll probably make them closer to Christmas--if I do, I'll post the recipe with pics of how to cut them.

Last edited:
Another classic flvor for warm milk or half 'n half is to steep a bag or two of apple flavored herbal tee, with a bit of honey. Yum.

Chicken soup base is fabulous in hot milk if you are in the mood for something savory.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Nice idea Goodweed, maybe I can add chillies and herbs too, never thought of adding savoury to milk. I normally make a savoury tea with cayenne, paprika, herbs and lemon in water.

I'm having some now with a peppermint flavor chocolate powder in it. Mmmmm. Chocolaty and minty!

With warm, or hot milk, try adding something like vanilla, sweetener, and pearl tapioca. The tapioca will add thermal mass to the milk, and turn it into a hot, or warm pudding. It will warm you to your bones.

You can also add egg yolks and heat, but not to a boil. Flavor with anything from flavorings you like. Chocolate and raspberry, or cherry come to mind. Makes a wonderful custard. Maple is great with hot milk.

Caramel also adds great flavor as does butterscotch. All of these flavors are considered warm and comforting.

The aforementioned malt will enhance any of the above listed flavors.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Trying to fatten me up or warm me up here Goodweed :LOL: I'll try the tapioca as a pud but I think 5 or 6 times a day might be a bit much. I think the caramel will go down nicely :)

Back
Top Bottom