Warm milky drinks. Help please!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Snip 13

Master Chef
Hi all :)
Looking for ideas on how to flavour my warm milk. I've made mixed spice and molasses, milo, vanilla and honey, brown sugar and cinnamon, spiced milk tea etc. It's really cold here and warm creamy drinks get me by and I would love a few new ideas. Please!!!

I love lemon aid mixed with buttermilk. It was a very popular drink in Northern Germany. Also orange juice with buttermilk. I think both of these would make milk curdle, but if you like buttermilk...

I add chlorophyl to milk. Here, the chlorophyl is mint flavored, so maybe mint with milk work. (I don't like Canadian milk unless it is flavored--strawberry syrup or another berry syrup works--or served on ice--very cold). I know, a weird quirk of mine that I claim there is a difference between milk from the US and that in eastern Ontario...it's been a quirk of mine for over 25 years...my brother says the same thing--Ontario milk tastes "funny." I blame it on the feed dairy cows are fed here....

With warm, or hot milk, try adding something like vanilla, sweetener, and pearl tapioca. The tapioca will add thermal mass to the milk, and turn it into a hot, or warm pudding. It will warm you to your bones.

You can also add egg yolks and heat, but not to a boil. Flavor with anything from flavorings you like. Chocolate and raspberry, or cherry come to mind. Makes a wonderful custard. Maple is great with hot milk.

Caramel also adds great flavor as does butterscotch. All of these flavors are considered warm and comforting.

The aforementioned malt will enhance any of the above listed flavors.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Mix together 2 cups of sugar, 1 cup of water and 1 envelope of KoolAide. It makes a great syrup to flavor milk with. Raspberry, orange and strawberry all work well but you can get creative. If you try one and don't like it in milk, you can always mix in some more water or use it as a syrup on pancakes.

Hi all :)
Looking for ideas on how to flavour my warm milk. I've made mixed spice and molasses, milo, vanilla and honey, brown sugar and cinnamon, spiced milk tea etc. It's really cold here and warm creamy drinks get me by and I would love a few new ideas. Please!!!

Thanks everyone! All sounds good, wil try some tonight :)

You could always try adding jam. I remember wanting something fruity, but we only had jam. So I added some strawberry jam (just a spoonful) and I had really nice strawberry milk.

Just add a teaspoon to the warm milk, and set for another 5 seconds so the flavour sets in and enjoy. :3

You could always try adding jam. I remember wanting something fruity, but we only had jam. So I added some strawberry jam (just a spoonful) and I had really nice strawberry milk.

Just add a teaspoon to the warm milk, and set for another 5 seconds so the flavour sets in and enjoy. :3

Flavored extracts come in a wide range of flavors. I'd like some peppermint flavoring in my milk, cold or hot.:chef:

Warm milk with chopped banana, sugar and cinnamon on the stove til the banana begins to soften and dissolve away. Lovely! You can always add a little coco powder or nutella if you want a little added choc. :)

I like to add chocolate bits to warm milk. Either milk or white chocolate, sometimes dark chocolate. The chocolate pieces melt right into the milk and tastes so rich and delicious.

Another classic flvor for warm milk or half 'n half is to steep a bag or two of apple flavored herbal tee, with a bit of honey. Yum.

Chicken soup base is fabulous in hot milk if you are in the mood for something savory.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Back
Top Bottom