"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Pasta, Rice, Beans, Grains...

Old 10-07-2005, 10:35 AM   #31
Executive Chef

To get back to Lugaro's topic - a thought...

Remember cup-o-noodles? Here's an experiment:

Place noodles in a soup bowl, boil water w the packet or chicken, beef or veg broth, pour over noodles & cover w a plate to cook thru. Add goodies of choice, i.e.:

tiny salad shrimp
green onions
peas & carrots
water chestnuts
shredded carrots

Personalize the dish & add shredded cooked chicken, beef, whatever you like.

Old 10-07-2005, 10:41 AM   #32
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marishka_20
I like to do many differnet things with ramen. Since my family loves ramen noodles I try to think of different things that I could add to go along with the flavor of the noodles. Sometimes I will put soy sauce with some bioled egg. Or I would use veggies and some kind of meat that would go well with the seasoning packet. Of course you would spice it to your tastes. I have used most of the flavors and they can make great recipes if mixed with the right things. Once I made some veggie eggrolls with white rice and the shrimp flavored noodles. Then I also made a soy sauce, wasabi, and chopped garlic sauce for dipping. My family loved it. So anyway, I love ramen because they can either be used as a side dish or be a part of the main meal. Try it out sometime, you might be surprised.
I've added egg rolls, won tons and sometimes fried rice, put soy sauce on the noodles (instead of the packet) and have a complete dinner/dish.

Old 10-07-2005, 10:23 PM   #33
Sous Chef

Send a message via AIM to Corinne
Ramen Noodles

You're all gonna hate this one! I use less water than what's called for - just enough to cover the noodles. When they are cooked, I add the seasoning packet & a good sized pat of butter & then let it sit until the butter is melted. Then I normally eat it right out of the pot.
Old 10-07-2005, 11:10 PM   #34
Chef Extraordinaire

Nope Corrine, don't hate it, I do the same thing when I'm alone and in a hurry. My grandson won't eat soupy soup but he gobbles up ramen this way...

kadesma
Old 10-08-2005, 09:06 AM   #35
Executive Chef

Since I've never eaten ramen noodles, I decided to look for some recipes. Cooks.com has a very good sounding recipe for ramen noodle chicken salad. I don't know if I could post it here or not, but it comes up in a search. It looks tasty.
Old 10-09-2005, 05:20 PM   #36
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corinne
You're all gonna hate this one! I use less water than what's called for - just enough to cover the noodles. When they are cooked, I add the seasoning packet & a good sized pat of butter & then let it sit until the butter is melted. Then I normally eat it right out of the pot.
Thank you for confessing my sin! I've done it this way for years!

Of course now Gidgett is at my side - she loves to "slurp" the noodles while she's on her hind legs!

Old 10-29-2005, 03:55 PM   #37
Master Chef

Here is a easy recipe using ramen noodles that is one of my favorites. It is so simple and easy with minimal ingredients. Perfect for a busy night.

Teriyaki Chicken with Spicy Noodles

4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
Teriyaki sauce
2 (3 oz.) pkg. oriental flavor ramen noodle soup mix
2 tbsp. water
1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
2 carrots, thinly sliced diagonally
1/4 cup sliced green onions

Marinate chicken in Teriyaki sauce. Pan fry or grill chicken until cooked through. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, place 1 teaspoon seasoning from packet of 1 pkg. of ramen soup mix. Add water and crushed red pepper flakes, mix well. Set aside. Discard remaining seasoning and other seasoning packet. Place 6 cups of water in large saucepan and bring to a boil. Add noodles and carrots; boil 2-3 minutes or until noodles are tender. Drain and return to saucepan. Add seasoning mixture and green onions; toss gently. Place on serving platter. Sliced cooked chicken breasts diagonally and arrange over noodles.

Theodore Roosevelt
26th president of US (1858 - 1919)
SierraCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 04:37 PM   #38
Assistant Cook

Our family loves Ramen for a quick weekend lunch. I add soy sauce, chili sauce, garlic, pepper. And then any veggies that are around carrots, corn, onion, peas. As well as leftover meat or seafood. I love that I can put so much into it and make it healthier, at least for a three year old
mom2girls

www.heritagemakers.com/157220

Tags
None