What is your favorite way to eat Angel Hair Pasta?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Timothy

Head Chef
I swear, I think I could eat Angel Hair pasta every day!

I think my favorite way of fixing it is with an Alfredo sauce and a broccoli/cheese mix. I use it as a side to a lot of meals.

What's your favorite way to eat Angel Hair pasta?

adore angel hair pasta. I like it with just about anything but fresh diced tomatoes,fresh chopped parsley sauteed sweet onions and garlic douse everything with butter then some white wine and top with some fresh basil liced. Yummers:LOL:
kades. You might also like with pesto and parmesan or even just brown butter Mazithra cheese

As much as I love pasta, I have to say I don't really like angel hair. Most times it's served overcooked, thus mushy. Ick.

I prefer toothsome pasta. Favorites being (in addition to fettuccine) some odder shapes like strozzapretti and riccia. I like pasta that holds a sauce well, and I don't think Angel hair does that.

angel hair pasta can be tricky to get right, but it is great fun to eat, and its delicate strands laying across the plate--a special visual delight.:)

I like it in (red) spaghetti type sauces, but not a hearty, chunky spaghetti sauce. I like a more substantial pasta in chunky sauces. And I like a linguini or thicker spaghetti in garlic & oil type sauces, because I think they hold the sauce better. But in a typical spaghetti sauce I like angel hair because the noodle and sauce seem to balance out out on my fork.

yeah, it's fantastic with angel hair, tim. the pasta is delicate so it balances with the delicate crab meat and small scallops.

As much as I love pasta, I have to say I don't really like angel hair. Most times it's served overcooked, thus mushy. Ick.

I prefer toothsome pasta. Favorites being (in addition to fettuccine) some odder shapes like strozzapretti and riccia. I like pasta that holds a sauce well, and I don't think Angel hair does that.

I tend to agree June. I just don't care for the texture of any angel hair pasta I've prepared or eaten. Maybe I don't know how to cook it properly. I have an idea that it's a matter of seconds between good and bad angel hair pasta.

How do you cook yours Timothy?

I've eaten it all kinds of ways. With just butter and garlic, marinara sauce, cooked in chicken broth, all kinds of sauces. I guess the only way I haven't had it is with seafood and I don't like seafood....

I tend to agree June. I just don't care for the texture of any angel hair pasta I've prepared or eaten. Maybe I don't know how to cook it properly. I have an idea that it's a matter of seconds between good and bad angel hair pasta.

How do you cook yours Timothy?

I'm not very fussy about the doneness. I use a "Fasta Pasta" to cook my pasta. It works great to me. It's a heck of a gadget! The times they have in the little book that came with it work perfectly for me.

I prefer angel hair to regular pasta for just about everything pasta-wise.

I always use thin or angel hair pasta, the thick strands make me feel poor!

I think scallops, snow peas, olive oil, butter, lots of garlic and a good shake of hot pepper flakes is nice!

I always use thin or angel hair pasta, the thick strands make me feel poor!

I think scallops, snow peas, olive oil, butter, lots of garlic and a good shake of hot pepper flakes is nice!

The angel does seem a little more.....elegant, than those big fat
strands sucking up all the sauce!

I prefer angel hair to regular pasta for just about everything pasta-wise.

I used to be the exact same way. The skinnier the better. The older I get the more I like a certain pasta for a certain dish though.

pacanis said:
I used to be the exact same way. The skinnier the better. The older I get the more I like a certain pasta for a certain dish though.

Blasphemous as it may sound, I don't care for a lot of pastas, especially macaroni. Tuna and noodles is an exception. And my sauce-to-pasta ratio is probably higher than most folks would prefer!

Blasphemous as it may sound, I don't care for a lot of pastas, especially macaroni. Tuna and noodles is an exception. And my sauce-to-pasta ratio is probably higher than most folks would prefer!

What is blasphemous is for as much as I like pasta, and as much as I like tuna, I don't like them both together unless it's in a Greek type, fresh grilled tuna dish. I never got into the tuna noodle casserole thing :wacko:

Love my sauce, too :)

I still need to buy some bird's nest angel hair and try out Andy's recipe

Back
Top Bottom