"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Pasta, Rice, Beans, Grains...

Old 04-06-2012, 09:53 AM   #21
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyndalou View Post
Any kind of pasta dish. Can't think of one that I dislike.
What about linguini and earthworms on a wet lawn? Betcha don't like linguini and earthworms on a wet lawn, do ya? I didn't think so.

But robins would flock to my yard if I put out linguini and earthworms in the morning (well maybe not Robin Williams, or Robin Trower, or Red Robin, Yummm), but a whole bunch of robins, just the same.

See? Told ya that I could come up with a pasta preparation that you wouldn't like (or maybe I didn't, but that's ok, 'cause I just told you. Ahh-hahahahaha).

"Hey! You wascilly wabbit, get away from my computer. You're gonna make everyone think I'm crazy."

"Too late. They already know you're crazy. I'm just reinforcing the idea. Tata for now."

"Get back here, you cwazy wabbit. You're goin' in the pot tonight!"

"Ha! You'll never catch me, Doc. What a maroon, what a nincompoop, what a... Now what's that word that means - A person who enjoys shooting sports? Oh yeh, nimrod. eehehehe. (Ain't I a stinker?)"

"Shhhhh. I'm huntin' wabbit. I'm gonna shoot da wabbit. I'm gonna gonna shoot da wabbit. I'm
gonna shoot da wabbit."

Seeeeya; Have a great Easter weekend, and watch out for wabbits that want to play with your computer. They'll make people think you're crazy. Chief Longwind of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 10:25 AM   #22
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Longwind Of The North

What about linguini and earthworms on a wet lawn? Betcha don't like linguini and earthworms on a wet lawn, do ya? I didn't think so.

But robins would flock to my yard if I put out linguini and earthworms in the morning (well maybe not Robin Williams, or Robin Trower, or Red Robin, Yummm), but a whole bunch of robins, just the same.

See? Told ya that I could come up with a pasta preparation that you wouldn't like (or maybe I didn't, but that's ok, 'cause I just told you. Ahh-hahahahaha).

"Hey! You wascilly wabbit, get away from my computer. You're gonna make everyone think I'm crazy."

"Too late. They already know you're crazy. I'm just reinforcing the idea. Tata for now."

"Ha! You'll never catch me, Doc. What a maroon, what a nincompoop, what a... Now what's that word that means - A person who enjoys shooting sports? Oh yeh, nimrod. eehehehe. (Ain't I a stinker?)"

"Shhhhh. I'm huntin' wabbit. I'm gonna shoot da wabbit. I'm gonna gonna shoot da wabbit. I'm gonna shoot da wabbit."

Seeeeya; Have a great Easter weekend, and watch out for wabbits that want to play with your computer. They'll make people think you're crazy. Chief Longwind of the North
Right, The Chief, AKA Dad, has lost it. He's been close for years but...

Old 04-06-2012, 10:51 AM   #23
Executive Chef

@ Craig,

Yes, I have to say it is quite difficult considering there are over 365 Italian pasta dishes in Italy ! I enjoy almost all of them ... I prefer olive oil and garlic and / or tomato based sauces however ... Basil Pesto, Bolognese and Vongole ( clams ) are some of my other faves. And NORMA which is a Sicilian Aubergine Vegetable & Tomato & Goat or Ricotta Cheese Sauce.

Have nice wkend and thanks for your post.
Margi.
Old 04-06-2012, 07:03 PM   #24
Half Baked

Pesto sauce with orzo
penne with red gravy
macaroni and cheese
spaghetti with brown butter,sage and mizithra
Lasagne
spaghetti with spicy peanut butter sauce,grated carrot,cilantro,scallion and chopped peanuts
Old 04-06-2012, 07:58 PM   #25
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Longwind Of The North View Post

"Shhhhh. I'm huntin' wabbit. I'm gonna shoot da wabbit. I'm gonna gonna shoot da wabbit. I'm gonna shoot da wabbit."

Old 04-06-2012, 09:42 PM   #26
Head Chef

I never met a pasta dish I didn't like. My favorite is fresh homemade - lemon or spinach with butter and grated parmesan.

There are so many flavors (& shapes) you can make at home:

Pasta Flavors:
Types of Pasta - How To Cooking Tips - RecipeTips.com

I have an Imperia pasta maker & a dumpling press:

I have been thinking about a star raviolamp:

Amazon.com: Imperia - Mould for Ravioli - Raviolamp - Little stars 10: Home & Kitchen

I like butternut squash filled ravioli with brown butter & sage sauce.

The market carries a pretty good fresh ravioli stuffed with lobster.

Pierogies, dumplings, manicotti cheese & spinach stuffed shells, & tortellini are some other favorites.

Too many to list.
Old 04-06-2012, 10:02 PM   #27
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Longwind Of The North View Post

"Shhhhh. I'm huntin' wabbit. I'm gonna shoot da wabbit. I'm gonna gonna shoot da wabbit. I'm
gonna shoot da wabbit."

Ooooo-kayyyy, I think we need to have THE talk.
Old 04-06-2012, 10:28 PM   #28
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60

Ooooo-kayyyy, I think we need to have THE talk.
Is that the one where he gets committed?
Old 04-06-2012, 10:32 PM   #29
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple.alien.giraffe View Post
Is that the one where he gets committed?
I was thinking the TALK about picking crazy mushrooms...
Old 04-06-2012, 11:28 PM   #30
Certified Pretend Chef

My current favorite is spaghetti alla carbonara. Rich and creamy with the salty meaty flavor of pancetta/guanciale and the unctuous rich creaminess of the egg yolk. Out of this world!

Tags
pasta