"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Pasta, Rice, Beans, Grains...

Old 11-09-2009, 07:28 PM   #11
Assistant Cook

this recipe is really simple, it involves no real labor and still turns out delicious! you will need:

pre cooked chicken
BBQ sauce
mozzarella cheese
pita bread

set the oven temperature to 350 degrees. slather some BBQ sauce on the pita bread. shred the chicken and add to the pizza and finally top with mozzarella cheese. put into the oven and let cook 10-15 minutes.

Old 11-09-2009, 07:53 PM   #12
Executive Chef

The use of mozzerella cheese doesn't make a pizza.

Old 11-13-2009, 07:30 PM   #13
Senior Cook

Best pizza recipe is a hard question, because there are so many amazing ways to make pizza, that I am not sure if there is a favorite recipe of mine. I will share some of my favorite recipes and ideas.

A pizza is only as good as the dough, so either find a good dough recipe you like or go with good quality store bought dough. I am lazy so I use store bought dough. Not the dough out of the can, but the dough made fresh at the grocery store. Some pizza places will sell you their dough, so if you have a favorite pizza place ask if they sell their dough.

There are so many different sauces for pizza, but there are also pizza's such as a white pizza that have no sauce, just a brushing of olive oil (I like to flavor mine with herbs and garlic). I tend to use tomato sauce most of the time, but I love using pesto, bbq sauce, and hot sauce just to name a few.

Here are some of my favorite topping combinations.

Tomato sauce, Mozzarella cheese, sausage (spicy or mild), kalamotiv olives, roasted bell peppers, artichoke hearts, and feta cheese.

Tomato sauce, beef, bacon, cheddar cheese, diced tomatoes, carmelized onions, and garnish with chives or scallions after pizza is cooked.

Ranch, buffalo chicken or any spicy chicken, some hot sauce on the pizza if you like it really spicy, and mozzarella cheese.

Those are just a few of my favorite, and I will share more when I have more time.
Old 11-14-2009, 09:03 AM   #14
Head Chef

I had the best pizza last night:
i just started working and had been in classrooms all week. My husband and I had taken the dog out to a park, then I asked if he'd drop me off at the local art museum's annual show and sale (where I could spend the $25 his mom sent for my birthday), I had a great time, had a drink, visited with friends and artists... when he picked me up, he had gone grocery shopping, getting the ingredients for "home made" pizza: purchased crust, JD Italian sausage, jar of pizza sauce, shredded mozz. We already had a pkg of Armour pepperoni. That's it. no extra spices, nada. He made it. It was the BEST pizza! with gran marnier for dessert...

Wyogal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 10:23 AM   #15
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyogal View Post
I had the best pizza last night:
i just started working and had been in classrooms all week. My husband and I had taken the dog out to a park, then I asked if he'd drop me off at the local art museum's annual show and sale (where I could spend the $25 his mom sent for my birthday), I had a great time, had a drink, visited with friends and artists... when he picked me up, he had gone grocery shopping, getting the ingredients for "home made" pizza: purchased crust, JD Italian sausage, jar of pizza sauce, shredded mozz. We already had a pkg of Armour pepperoni. That's it. no extra spices, nada. He made it. It was the BEST pizza! with gran marnier for dessert...
It was the best pizza cause he made it. LOL I always like something if someone else makes it. Like a hubs or a friend. I love to cook but, it's nice to be cooked for once in awhile.
Old 12-18-2009, 10:35 AM   #16
Senior Cook

The best pizza I've ever made wasn't pizza but the pizza fixings rolled up in the dough and baked.

My oven just won't hold the heat necessary to make a nice crisp crust so I just rolled the fixings up in the crust and baked it. Everyone loved it.

I made a few changes...instead of my regular pizza sauce I just used straight tomato paste and spread it on like peanut butter on a sandwich and sprinkled it with garlic salt, Italian seasonings and Parmesan cheese, Mozzarella cheese, caramelized onions and bell peppers. I also cooked my mushrooms first. Rolled it up and baked it.

It was a big hit.

"What we do, more than anything we say, reveals what we truly value the most." - An Unknown Soldier
BettyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 11:41 AM   #17
Executive Chef

It sounds as though you made a variation of a calzone.
Old 12-18-2009, 12:52 PM   #18
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selkie View Post
It sounds as though you made a variation of a calzone.
Where I live that is called stromboli, and I love it! I've made stromboli with steak, swiss cheese, and bbq sauce and it was awesome! Way better than any pizza I've ever made.
Old 12-18-2009, 07:25 PM   #19
Senior Cook

Call it what you like...it was good.

I love the steak, swiss cheese, and bbq sauce sauce idea...I'll have to give that a try.

I guess I could also make a Philly Cheese Steak one with grilled steak, onions, and cheese whiz.

"What we do, more than anything we say, reveals what we truly value the most." - An Unknown Soldier
BettyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 09:41 PM   #20
Chef Extraordinaire

I make what my kids call pizza bread. I defrost some bread dough, then roll it out and coat with roasted tomatoe sauce with garlic and onions added, also some marjoram,fresh finely chopped rosemary, add mozz and provolone, then come the meats, salami,mortadella, copa then start on the long side and roll , tuck ends under and bake til dough is done and golden.I brush it with a little evoo when done and watch it dissapear..One thing about this is you can change up the meats and cheeses and it's a nice meal with a salad.
kadesma

Tags
None