What's Your Best Pizza Recipe?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jane29910

Assistant Cook
I'm getting into cooking pizza & was wondering what some of
you think the all time best pizza recipe is.

why of course it is the one i made last night. i did use store bought crust but you can make from scratch. then sauce, parm and mozzarella cheese . topped with sautéed onion and mushrooms and pepperoni. it was just great.

lots of receipts out there.

The pizza dough recipe I use is pretty basic, but the best I've tried so far. As for the toppings, they sound simple, but actually they are the best and freshest I can find. For instance, I generally don't use the shredded mozzerella out of the plastic zip bag, I go to the deli department and get the plastic containers of mozzerella cheese balls in liquid and slice those and spread them over the pizza. And cheddar cheese (which I happen to like in addition to the mozzerella), again, no pre-shredded. I get a block of the best kind I can find (afford), and then I use sliced smoked ham steak in place of pepperoni (again, a personal choice.) I also like fresh whole basil leaves. The idea is to get the best ingredents you can, and it will definitely improve the final product... your masterpiece pizza!

Basic Pizza Dough:
1 package instant rise yeast
2 tablespoons sugar
1 cup warm water (100 degrees F)
1/4 cup olive oil
3 to 4 cups 50/50 mix of bread and all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon salt
2 tablespoons of Malted Milk Powder (secret ingredient - shhhh...)

In an electric mixing bowl, whisk the yeast, sugar, malted milk powder, water and most but not all of the olive oil (reserving about a tablespoon) to make a paste. Start the dough hook and add the flour and salt mixture until the dough comes away from the sides and crawls up the dough hook. Remove the dough from the bowl. Grease the bowl with the rest of the olive oil and place the dough back in the bowl. Cover the bowl with a dish towel and let the dough rise in a warm place (slightly warmed but turned off oven) until doubled in size. Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and divide dough in half. Roll the dough into balls, cover with the towel, and let the dough rest for 15 to 20 minutes. The dough is ready to be shaped.
Yield: dough for 2 (12-inch) pizzas

Use cornmeal to keep the dough from sticking to whatever you use to bake on (pizza stone, cookie sheet, etc.)

Add toppings and bake for 9-10 minutes at 500 degrees. After removing it from the oven let it set for 2-3 minutes before slicing, but then enjoy!

White pizza with fried garlic spinach on top.

Roll out the pizza dough
layer of ricotta cheese
layer o shredded mozzarella cheese

fry up some garlic in olive oil, add spinach, salt
Scatter the spinach on top of the mozzarella cheese, then bake.

Correction - to my pizza dough recipe. It should read 1 teaspoon, and NOT 1 tablespoon of salt. Sorry about that!

my 2 favorites are:
1- everything on it- cheese of course - peproni,sauage,mushrooms,onion,pepper,black olives and if it is only me eating it anchoives
2- broccoli, spinach - mushrooms, garlic and once anwhile sliced red onion

If you make your own pizza dough, allowing it a long slow rise in the fridge will improve the crust immensely.

I make mine the night before I plan to make the pizza, and I use the no-knead NYT bread technique. Just stir your ingredients together, cover the bowl and stick it in the fridge.

If you like thick chewy crust, pat the dough out gently and let it rise for half an hour or so. For thin crust, roll out the dough on the counter.

Mine is a Pepperoni and Italian Sausage Pizza aka Meat Lovers....i also use store bought pizza dough and i brush olive oil on it..then bake it for 5 minute...i add the pepperoni, sausages, ground meat, 3 cheeses asiago, mozarella and Parmigiano-Reggiano, bell peppers and some garlic or onions..italian style tomato sauce. i bake it then i grate more cheese on the top...

this recipe is really simple, it involves no real labor and still turns out delicious! you will need:

pre cooked chicken
BBQ sauce
mozzarella cheese
pita bread

set the oven temperature to 350 degrees. slather some BBQ sauce on the pita bread. shred the chicken and add to the pizza and finally top with mozzarella cheese. put into the oven and let cook 10-15 minutes.

Best pizza recipe is a hard question, because there are so many amazing ways to make pizza, that I am not sure if there is a favorite recipe of mine. I will share some of my favorite recipes and ideas.

A pizza is only as good as the dough, so either find a good dough recipe you like or go with good quality store bought dough. I am lazy so I use store bought dough. Not the dough out of the can, but the dough made fresh at the grocery store. Some pizza places will sell you their dough, so if you have a favorite pizza place ask if they sell their dough.

There are so many different sauces for pizza, but there are also pizza's such as a white pizza that have no sauce, just a brushing of olive oil (I like to flavor mine with herbs and garlic). I tend to use tomato sauce most of the time, but I love using pesto, bbq sauce, and hot sauce just to name a few.

Here are some of my favorite topping combinations.

Tomato sauce, Mozzarella cheese, sausage (spicy or mild), kalamotiv olives, roasted bell peppers, artichoke hearts, and feta cheese.

Tomato sauce, beef, bacon, cheddar cheese, diced tomatoes, carmelized onions, and garnish with chives or scallions after pizza is cooked.

Ranch, buffalo chicken or any spicy chicken, some hot sauce on the pizza if you like it really spicy, and mozzarella cheese.

Those are just a few of my favorite, and I will share more when I have more time.

I had the best pizza last night:
i just started working and had been in classrooms all week. My husband and I had taken the dog out to a park, then I asked if he'd drop me off at the local art museum's annual show and sale (where I could spend the $25 his mom sent for my birthday), I had a great time, had a drink, visited with friends and artists... when he picked me up, he had gone grocery shopping, getting the ingredients for "home made" pizza: purchased crust, JD Italian sausage, jar of pizza sauce, shredded mozz. We already had a pkg of Armour pepperoni. That's it. no extra spices, nada. He made it. It was the BEST pizza! with gran marnier for dessert...

I had the best pizza last night:
i just started working and had been in classrooms all week. My husband and I had taken the dog out to a park, then I asked if he'd drop me off at the local art museum's annual show and sale (where I could spend the $25 his mom sent for my birthday), I had a great time, had a drink, visited with friends and artists... when he picked me up, he had gone grocery shopping, getting the ingredients for "home made" pizza: purchased crust, JD Italian sausage, jar of pizza sauce, shredded mozz. We already had a pkg of Armour pepperoni. That's it. no extra spices, nada. He made it. It was the BEST pizza! with gran marnier for dessert...

It was the best pizza cause he made it. LOL I always like something if someone else makes it. Like a hubs or a friend. I love to cook but, it's nice to be cooked for once in awhile.

The best pizza I've ever made wasn't pizza but the pizza fixings rolled up in the dough and baked.

My oven just won't hold the heat necessary to make a nice crisp crust so I just rolled the fixings up in the crust and baked it. Everyone loved it.

I made a few changes...instead of my regular pizza sauce I just used straight tomato paste and spread it on like peanut butter on a sandwich and sprinkled it with garlic salt, Italian seasonings and Parmesan cheese, Mozzarella cheese, caramelized onions and bell peppers. I also cooked my mushrooms first. Rolled it up and baked it.

It was a big hit.

Call it what you like...it was good.

I love the steak, swiss cheese, and bbq sauce sauce idea...I'll have to give that a try.

I guess I could also make a Philly Cheese Steak one with grilled steak, onions, and cheese whiz.

I make what my kids call pizza bread. I defrost some bread dough, then roll it out and coat with roasted tomatoe sauce with garlic and onions added, also some marjoram,fresh finely chopped rosemary, add mozz and provolone, then come the meats, salami,mortadella, copa then start on the long side and roll , tuck ends under and bake til dough is done and golden.I brush it with a little evoo when done and watch it dissapear..:ROFLMAO:One thing about this is you can change up the meats and cheeses and it's a nice meal with a salad.
kadesma

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom