Won Ton Ravioli

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
At a recent wedding I catered I was asked by the bride to make a new appetizer for her (and name it after her but that is another story). I ended up doing something really simple but was the hit by far. I put small amounts of brie and whole cranberry sauce in wonton wrappers and then twisted the ends and deep frid them. I even was able to do them ahead, drain them and then just warm in the oven at the venue. It's not a wonton ravioli, but I am sure you could adapt it!

Would the won ton wrappers be too fragile to freeze? I had some extra wrappers from a recipe and wanted to make up another batch of the filling to stuff them with, freeze them and then take them out whenever I wanted. Would that be possible?

Would the won ton wrappers be too fragile to freeze? I had some extra wrappers from a recipe and wanted to make up another batch of the filling to stuff them with, freeze them and then take them out whenever I wanted. Would that be possible?

Yes. I do it all the time. If you go to the trouble of making a filling and sitting down to make a ravioli or something similar, you might as well spend a little extra time and make enough for more than one meal.

I spread out the ravs on a cookie sheet and freeze them solid then move them to airtight containers. They do not have to be defrosted before dropping them into boiling water.

Back
Top Bottom