Won Ton Ravioli

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SurvivorGirl

Sous Chef
I have a great recipe for (pumpkin and spinach) won ton ravioli, and I've been thinking a lot about what else you could stuff them with.

I've done one thing where you put a slice of banana followed by some brown sugar, and then fry them up in butter...mmmmmmmmmm

but any other suggestions?
thx!:chef:

You can use won ton wrappers to make any kind of ravioli. They tend to be thinner/lighter than regular rav dough. Any of the trafitional Italian fillings or others such as duck confit, mushrooms...

You could also make dessert ravs using mxtures that include nutella, nuts peanut butter, fruits and jams...

You can use won ton wrappers to make any kind of ravioli. They tend to be thinner/lighter than regular rav dough. Any of the trafitional Italian fillings or others such as duck confit, mushrooms...

You could also make dessert ravs using mxtures that include nutella, nuts peanut butter, fruits and jams...

I second what Andy says. Won tons are great as ravioli wrappers for any dish, savory or sweet.

thanks for the tips!:)

I posted a recipe under Pasta for crab and cream cheese won tons & cheese filled ravioli with fresh tomato sauce; anothe was for fake-out Pierogies.

I would post the links, but they seem to be going back to the main forum page. Try a search here, & would like to know if you give them a try. :)

Squash and potatoes:

Butternut squash & potato tortelli

Not a ravioli, but I'm playing around w an appy idea for a whole shrimp wrapped in a won ton skin and fried.

Last edited:
mushrooms,goat cheese, and spinach
or
spinach and feta cheese

Usally if they open up on me it is because I didn't make sure they were sealed well enough or they are cooking to long

To keep ravs from opening up, do two things:

1. make sure there is no air trapped in with the filling. This will expand when heated and blow out the rav. Press the top layer of dough onto the filling starting in the middle and work toward the edges.

2. Brush egg or water onto the sealing edges before sealing, it acts as a glue.

I have a stupid question about the stuffing of a wonton rav
Seeing as they are thin they don't take that long to cook right?
So what if i want to put a bit of lamb mince inside, do I need to cook the mixture then put it in the wontons so the wontons don't overcook, or will it cook ok with raw filling?

Rom, I don't precook the filling. You are using only about 1 tsp - 1 tbl filling. Steam, boil, bake, fry - the inside will be cooked. Why do double the work.

Here's one w pumpkin & amaretti filling:

Pumpkin-Filled Ravioli

Last edited:
Rom, I don't precook the filling. You are using only about 1 tsp - 1 tbl filling. Steam, boil, bake, fry - the inside will be cooked. Why do double the work.

Here's one w pumpkin & amaretti filling:

Pumpkin-Filled Ravioli

Sauteing the filling before filling the rav will give you a different taste from steaming the filling in the rav.

You are frying them. That's my story & I'm sticking to it. :LOL: Won ton wrappers are thin & cook very quickly. The texture of the won ton differs depending on if you fry boil, steam or bake.

Back
Top Bottom