Your favorite pasta dishes?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am with Addie--no spaghetti here. Grew up eating it every Monday. I rarely eat pasta, maybe 4 - 6 times / year. I figure I ate a lifetime's worth of pasta before the age of 25.

I too love anything pasta.
Pasta isn't on my neutral or beneficial list though (BTD) so I only eat it occasionally.

Here are a few of my fav's.

Lasagna

img_1435436_0_934e445dab9621c8a91be00a0c84bc1f.jpg

Pasta Salad (no mayo)

img_1435436_1_bc3e669904b1b87b6d5a13a8cdd63024.jpg

Mac Salad

img_1435436_2_f984b450428631818e574221e12593bc.jpg

I can't think of any kind of well made pasta dish that I don't like. I do much prefer whole grain pasta, either homemade or imported from Italy. Yum.

WOW! All of you guys love some awesome pasta just like me!!!
I make an awesome crock pot Mac and Cheese for Thanksgiving. Anyone else have Mac for thanksgiving?

Growing up pasta was served once a week. I never, ever, liked it. So, I would eat salad and bread and be happy. (Mom would not make a special meal for any of us. If you didn't like what she made, you didn't eat.)

However, in my 20's I started eating it. Still, wasn't crazy about it until we moved to San Francisco. The restaurants did amazing things with pasta and changed me forever! It doesn't get much better than that.

Growing up pasta was served once a week. I never, ever, liked it. So, I would eat salad and bread and be happy. (Mom would not make a special meal for any of us. If you didn't like what she made, you didn't eat.)

However, in my 20's I started eating it. Still, wasn't crazy about it until we moved to San Francisco. The restaurants did amazing things with pasta and changed me forever! It doesn't get much better than that.
Oh nice! I've always heard good things about San Francisco and pasta.

I forgot to include lasagna on my list - as long as it's a Bolognese lasagna with no ricotta.

I have taken a stand. I now ask, "is there ricotta in it?" I won't even pretend to be polite anymore and eat a bite or two. Any pasta with ricotta will never sit on my dish again. :angel:

Do you not like ricotta?

Nope. Not even in desert type foods. Over the years, I would scrape off the ricotta in the lasagna and other foods. Solely for the purpose of being polite. Not anymore. I don't want to have to work at eating my food. I can eat a dinner of meatloaf, roast beef, baked stuffed pork chops, pasta with Alfredo sauce, pasta with butter. No ricotta! :angel:

Do you not like ricotta?

I don't care for ricotta either. That's why I never ate lasagna until Luca Lazzari, a member of DC in Italy, shared his recipe for lasagna Bolognese made without ricotta. As a matter of fact, Luca and another member in Italy both stated lasagna in Italy does not include ricotta.

I also avoid cheese ravioli, cheese tortellini and stuffed shells.

I realize I'm in the minority but my tastes are what they are.

I don't care for ricotta either. That's why I never ate lasagna until Luca Lazzari, a member of DC in Italy, shared his recipe for lasagna Bolognese made without ricotta. As a matter of fact, Luca and another member in Italy both stated lasagna in Italy does not include ricotta.

I also avoid cheese ravioli, cheese tortellini and stuffed shells.

I realize I'm in the minority but my tastes are what they are.

Not in my book. And I know a lot of non-Italians who feel the same. Ricotta certainly is not a comfort food. Lobster Claws, Cannolis and many other Italian desert type foods are not a favorite of a lot of folks I know. Cheesecake, apple pie, blueberry pie, lemon anything, etc. Solid American foods, that's what we like. :angel:

I'll have your cannoli's then. :yum:

I make a lasagna with just cottage cheese.:chef:

Gladly. In fact you can have 99% of any Italian food I may be given. I am so done with it. Growing up, every home of friends I ever entered, there was always a pot of gravy on the stove. And I HAD to have a plate of pasta so I could tell them how great it was. I would take a couple of bites, say how great it was, save some room for my mother's cooking.

I understand. I feel that why about blue cheese, any type of cheese made from goats or sheep's milk. In other words, strong cheese.

Ricotta is fine with me, love cannoli's, stuffed shells, lasagna with layers of sauce and cheeses.

Interestingly, I never liked any of this (except the cannoli's) when growing up in a Sicilian family. Now, I enjoy it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom