Your favorite pasta dishes?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I like cottage cheese in my lasagna, even better than I like ricotta!

Different strokes/cheeses...

Gladly. In fact you can have 99% of any Italian food I may be given. I am so done with it. Growing up, every home of friends I ever entered, there was always a pot of gravy on the stove. And I HAD to have a plate of pasta so I could tell them how great it was. I would take a couple of bites, say how great it was, save some room for my mother's cooking.

It's a shame that you've written off all of Italian cuisine because you're tired of a single Italian-American dish. There's much more to it than just pasta and some form of red sauce.

Shrimp scampi is one of them...

img_1436320_0_a6c7bc73dd1f28c308fac900d089fc91.jpg

It's a shame that you've written off all of Italian cuisine because you're tired of a single Italian-American dish. There's much more to it than just pasta and some form of red sauce.

Not just one dish. I know about Italian foods. Believe me I do. More than I care to know at this point in my life. I do like the Chickerina Soup. Also what is called erroneously the Wedding Soup. Italian veal cutlets, many meat dishes that do not involve pasta, escarole soup, eggplant parm, (my ultimate favorite dish) even if it wasn't Italian. A friend's mother makes a three bean salad. (Green beans, wax and Italian flat beans.) I don't know what she does to it, and I have never asked her how to make it, but I love it. I have the thought that if I do, I won't make it as good as she does. I love their Easter Pie. In fact, Pirate's MIL makes sure I get a whole small one for myself.

Need I go on? :angel:

Last edited:
Not just one dish. I know about Italian foods. Believe me I do. More than I care to know at this point in my life. I do like the Chickerina Soup. Also what is called erroneously the Wedding Soup. Italian veal cutlets, many meat dishes that do not involve pasta, escarole soup, eggplant parm, (my ultimate favorite dish) even if it wasn't Italian. A friend's mother makes a three bean salad. (Green beans, wax and Italian flat beans.) I don't know what she does to it, and I have never asked her how to make it, but I love it. I have the thought that if I do, I won't make it as good as she does. I love their Easter Pie. In fact, Pirate's MIL makes sure I get a whole small one for myself.

Need I go on? :angel:

You said it, not me.

Gladly. In fact you can have 99% of any Italian food I may be given. I am so done with it. Growing up, every home of friends I ever entered, there was always a pot of gravy on the stove. And I HAD to have a plate of pasta...

Andy, thanks for linking to Luca's lasagna recipe - that does sound good. Copied and saved.

Joey, nice pic. :yum: I love the lemon mouse, too!

Addie, this thread isn't just about Italian pasta dishes. :) Since we're posting pics here, here's a few more... :ermm: :LOL:

Kades' Asian Noodle Salad
asian noodle salad.jpg

Scallops Alfredo
scallops alfredo.jpg

Good ol' mac and cheese with clean-out-the-fridge cheeses - this one had Monterey jack, cheddar, American, and smoked gouda, topped with toasted bread crumbs
mac and cheese.jpg

Last edited:
I'll have your cannoli's then. :yum:

I make a lasagna with just cottage cheese.:chef:
Awesome, I too will have your cannolis, I love cannoli's.
Gladly. In fact you can have 99% of any Italian food I may be given. I am so done with it. Growing up, every home of friends I ever entered, there was always a pot of gravy on the stove. And I HAD to have a plate of pasta so I could tell them how great it was. I would take a couple of bites, say how great it was, save some room for my mother's cooking.
I would eat Italian food any chance I get so I'll take you up on that offer... haha lol.

Shrimp scampi is one of them...

img_1436361_0_a6c7bc73dd1f28c308fac900d089fc91.jpg
YUM!!! I always loved Shrimp Scampi up until I got a wicked bad shellfish allergy. damn! :(

Andy, thanks for linking to Luca's lasagna recipe - that does sound good. Copied and saved.

Addie, this thread isn't just about Italian pasta dishes. :) Since we're posting pics here, here's a few more... :ermm: :LOL:

View attachment 23449

Scallops Alfredo
View attachment 23451

Good ol' mac and cheese with clean-out-the-fridge cheeses - this one had Monterey jack, cheddar, American, and smoked gouda, topped with toasted bread crumbs
View attachment 23450
Those look awesome!

Beautiful pics, Cheryl!
Indeed.

View attachment 23449

Scallops Alfredo
View attachment 23451

View attachment 23450

The Alfredo with the scallops is right up my alley. I love scallops (when I don't have a reaction to them) and the Alfredo sauce is not a standard tomato based sauce. :angel:

I am all about long pasta: spaghetti with meat sauce, alfredo and my absolute favorite spaghetti aglio e olio

Back
Top Bottom