"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Pasta, Rice, Beans, Grains...

Old 12-30-2008, 12:11 PM   #11
Head Chef

The risotto recipes posted by ZEREH look fabulous. Printed and ready to go.
My mother made one kind of risotto that is still my all time favorite. It's very simple but soooo incredibly delicious and comforting . Risotto Milanese. Saffon and lots of butter and freshly grated parmesan cheese. Ohhhh.

Old 01-05-2009, 08:06 PM   #12
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zereh View Post
Lemon Risotto with Gouda
ok, thinking of trying this for my first risotto. I'm thinking of cooking up a recipe I have for lemon chicken in the crockpot to serve on the side. Would all the creamy lemon juice that the chicken will be in "from the crockpot" be too much when served with this risotto on the side?

Old 01-06-2009, 01:26 PM   #13
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by legend_018 View Post
ok, thinking of trying this for my first risotto. I'm thinking of cooking up a recipe I have for lemon chicken in the crockpot to serve on the side. Would all the creamy lemon juice that the chicken will be in "from the crockpot" be too much when served with this risotto on the side?
Yes, it could be very rich and very, very delicious. Seriously, I would consider making another risotto without lemon. Too much lemon will make everything taste the same. If you have any left, send it to me.
Old 01-06-2009, 01:38 PM   #14
Sous Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to vyapti
I like asparagus risotto. I par-cook the asparagus and use the cooking liquid in the to cook the risotto, then add the asparagus back toward the end.
Old 01-06-2009, 01:46 PM   #15
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by vyapti View Post
I like asparagus risotto. I par-cook the asparagus and use the cooking liquid in the to cook the risotto, then add the asparagus back toward the end.
Legend's Lemon Chicken and your Asparagus Risotto sound like a great combination.
Old 01-06-2009, 02:01 PM   #16
Assistant Cook

Thin sliced artichoke hearts, wild mushrooms and Grana Padano risotto is my favorite. The finishing touch is a drizzle of truffle oil if you don't have the real white truffle shavings.

Anyone ever try it?
Old 01-06-2009, 02:27 PM   #17
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to ChefJune
Dom, next time try truffle butter instead of the oil. There are real truffles in the truffle butter, but the flavor in truffle oil is completely chemical in creation. Not a truffle in sight.
Old 01-06-2009, 02:50 PM   #18
Assistant Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefJune View Post
Dom, next time try truffle butter instead of the oil. There are real truffles in the truffle butter, but the flavor in truffle oil is completely chemical in creation. Not a truffle in sight.
Truffle butter? Dang! Where can I find that good stuff?

The truffle oil I use is about $14.00+ a bottle. The bottle is imported and super tiny (smaller than those mini liquor bottles) and the ingredients reads black truffles. Are you telling me that it's still not infused with real truffles?
I understand the amount of real truffle would be minor but I don't think it's a chemical creation. Say it ain't so......
Old 01-06-2009, 04:06 PM   #19
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to ChefJune
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dom1183 View Post
Truffle butter? Dang! Where can I find that good stuff?

The truffle oil I use is about $14.00+ a bottle. The bottle is imported and super tiny (smaller than those mini liquor bottles) and the ingredients reads black truffles. Are you telling me that it's still not infused with real truffles?
I understand the amount of real truffle would be minor but I don't think it's a chemical creation. Say it ain't so......
As far as I know, there are no truffles in any bottle of truffle oil. Do you SEE little bits of truffle in it?

"Google "Truffle butter," and you will see links for places to order it (or stores that carry it.)
Old 01-06-2009, 04:08 PM   #20
Master Chef

I don't think I have really had risotto except out of a box. And I'm sure there are some folks saying "Now that is not risotto!" Sadly, yet another dish I have yet to cook from scratch or try other than from a box. No favs to speak of!!

Tags
None