A Recipe Twist On Eggplant Parm And Moussaka

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mrsag

Assistant Cook
I came up with this recipe a few months ago and my hubby who is greek loves it big time.
I am not great with measuring but I will give you a good idea of what to do.

Useing a large or two smaller eggplants slice in rounds not to thick about a 1/4 of an inch or so thick.I don't salt in collander for this but if you want to go ahead. as long as the eggplant is firm and flesh is white i find no need to.

bread eggplant like you would for frying egg and italian breadcrumbs and fry all pieces. Just make sure you have an even amount.3 slices per stack.
drain and put fried eggplant to the side.

take a nice size onion yellow or sweet what ever you have chop it up and saute it in a good size fry pan in olive oil.let it get a little brown. add to that about a pound or so of crumbled chop meat and continue to fry till pink is gone. add also a dash of sugar maybe a 1/2 of a teaspoon sugar and a teaspoon of cinnamon, salt and pepper to taste. add also 1 teaspoon or so of oregano, one tablespoon parsley and saute a little more.Now add in about 3/4 of a 16 oz. can of a of prepared tomato sauce delmonte or whatever you have but just a plain tomato sauce and let the whole pot cook for about 15 minutes or so.after its done just let it sit a couple of minute to get other things prepared.Isauce seems to dry add a little more you want it to have a little saucy concisitancy but not overly saucy.

you will need about 2 cups of crumbled feta cheese.
sliced tomato 2 nice slices but again not too thick per stack.
olive oil

Take a casorole dish sized according to how many stacks you want to make. think of it as if you were stacking eggplant parm.

Put oil all around bottom of casarole.
start with a piece of eggplant then add a little of the chopmeat sauce on top. crumble feta on top of chopmeat and add a slice of the tomato. sprinkle with olive oil and then again eggplant etc.end the stack with the eggplant.
I then take any chopped meat sauce and fill in the empty spots with it to use it up. I also will chop a tomato into a dice and throw it all over the top of the eggplant and crumble feta all over top drizzle olive oil and a little oregano and parsley and then stick it in the ove for about 20-30 minutes at 350 till its bubbling hot.
take it out and let it sit for a few minutes till cools down some a then serve. I serve it with rice or orzo but you could use small shells or any small pasta you like.

I know my recipe witing is bad so feel free to ask me any questions. I AM A COOK BUT NOT A RECIPE WRITER.

Please Enjoy!
mrsag:chef:

Thanks! Always looking for good "Greek" type recipes.
My husband is Greek also and we love the food!!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom