Ajika TNT.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CharlieD

Chef Extraordinaire
Ajika TNT.
An excerpt from Wikipedia: “ajika is a hot, spicy but subtly flavored paste often used to flavor food mainly in the Caucasian regions”

I tried to find a better explanation but this is probably as good as I can get.

The recipe I use is extremely simple, the end result is great addition to soups, any soups, spaghetti, meat and any other foods you might think of. It is very flavorful; spiciness can be controlled by you and made to your liking.

3 Red Bell Peppers (you can use other colors too; I just do not like green ones)
6 Red jalapeno peppers
1 head of garlic
1 average size Parsnip root
1 tea spoon salt

I cut and clean the seeds out of peppers. If you like your foods very spicy do not discard seeds from jalapeno or if you really like your food really spicy use even hotter peppers. I use meat grinder to chop everything up, you can use food processor. If you do, start with parsnip and then add the other stuff. You don’t want the mixture to become too fine it should still have texture. At the end of cooking add a tea spoon to your soup. After you try it couple of times you will know exactly how much to use. The salt works as the preservative so it will keep in the clean glass jar in refrigerator for 3 to 6 month, but will lose its potency if kept too long.

Sounds good Charlie :) Don't like green peppers either so I'll use red. What does the parsnip add?

In Russia we used to use parsley root instead, adds another level of flavor, parsnip is not nearly as good, but at $7 per pound for parsley versus not even a dollar per pound of parsnip, is going to have to do it.

In Russia we used to use parsley root instead, adds another level of flavor, parsnip is not nearly as good, but at $7 per pound for parsley versus not even a dollar per pound of parsnip, is going to have to do it.

I'll use parsley root then :) We get it for very cheap in SA. We use it in our traditional veggie and marrow bone soup.

Back
Top Bottom