Arancini

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

70chevelle

Cook
Watching triple D on Saturday, my wife called me in to see this dish. Simply, it's cooked meatballs, crumbled and then mixed with rissoto and mozzerella cheese. Once mixed, they get rolled (a little bigger than a golf ball) in seasoned italian bread crumbs and deep fried. A little fresh marinara and wow. These things were fantastic.

Watching triple D on Saturday, my wife called me in to see this dish. Simply, it's cooked meatballs, crumbled and then mixed with rissoto and mozzerella cheese. Once mixed, they get rolled (a little bigger than a golf ball) in seasoned italian bread crumbs and deep fried. A little fresh marinara and wow. These things were fantastic.

Those are a big hit here in Boston. Any self respecting Italian store carries them. :angel:

Those are a big hit here in Boston. Any self respecting Italian store carries them. :angel:
Funny you should mention this. Was in Boston just this past weekend, and had 'ARANCINI FIORENTINA' Rice balls stuffed with gorgonzola and spinach at Salvatore's in the Seaport district, and they were great !!!! ( there was not meat in it, jus the rice, cheese and spinach with a fried bread crumb coating).

Another Arancini fan. I stuff a cube of mozzarella inside, & add prosciutto to the mix.

Reading through some recipes, this sounds easily doable at home. It looks like it would even be easy to make them up one day and cooking them the next. I may have to try this.

I stuffed these with a little leftover ragu of short ribs, along with provolone.

Attachments

• arancini 003.jpg
    arancini 003.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 261
  • arancini 008.jpg
    arancini 008.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 246
  • arancini 014.jpg
    arancini 014.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 233
  • arancini 020.jpg
    arancini 020.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 297
  • arancini 026.jpg
    arancini 026.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 326
Silverage - not sure which I'm more impressed with the dish, presentation or photo's???? Fantastic!

Good to know about about Boston being a hotspot for these. Brother lives in the area and I get there occasionally. Now I'll be on the hunt. The other stuffing(s) sound delicious also.

Silverage - not sure which I'm more impressed with the dish, presentation or photo's???? Fantastic!

Good to know about about Boston being a hotspot for these. Brother lives in the area and I get there occasionally. Now I'll be on the hunt. The other stuffing(s) sound delicious also.

Head for the North End or any self respecting Italian Bakery. During festivals and other street events, they have hot carts that sell them. :angel:

Last edited:
My (Italian) grandmother's arancini recipe:
Season the rice with a lot of meat ragout, make a ball with a big piece of mozzarella at the center, bread and fry.
Those arancini are bigger than the Sicilian one, about the size of a real orange.
We call them Supplì al Telefono, which means telephone rice balls, because when you eat them the stringy mozzarella seems a phone wire.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom