Bananas Gabon: a little enhancement...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jpinmaryland

Sous Chef
This is from an african cookbook. They are dipped in orange juice/egg wash, then dipped in flour, then sauteed for a few minutes to harden the coating, then bake at 350 degrees for only 5 minutes. Served w/ sour cream and brown sugar on top...

I made them today and they are pretty good but they need a little jazzing up. WHat do you guys think? I made a second batch w/ nutmeg in the flour and have not yet tried that out.

THe cookbook is a little light on spices and such. What kind of sauce and or spice do you suggest? Maybe a whisky sauce, or something w/ coconut? almonds? I'd like to be authentic if possible, but taste is always prime. thx.

I wouldn't know with the authenticity, but it sounds like it could go well with cinnamon/nutmeg. Or even a sauce with grand marnier.

yeah the nutmeg crusted bananas are a little better. they will get dry in the fridge so you definitely need something moist to go with them. what is Grand Marnier anyhow? Is is anything like a flavored brandy? I've got a lot of liquors in the house, e.g. banana liquor, peach, etc...You can put nuts on top of them the books says, almonds, pistachios, etc.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom