Best Cheese for Nachos?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
TheZ - you're making the very best decision - TRY EVERYTHING - lol!!!

I'm not kidding. My relatives were all European immigrants & wine & beer were a big part of their heritage. My brother & I were introduced to both way way before the legal limit - lol (& no, I'm not advocating that).

That said, I learned early - especially through my love of cooking - that wine & beer pairings with food are definitely in the eye of the consumer!!! These businesses of people saying "X" only goes with "Y" & "A" only goes with "C", etc., etc. is not only snobby/ludicrous but ridiculous/laughable & not worth the time of day in my opinion.

Drink what you like. You'll find out what wines you enjoy best with which foods. You definitely do NOT need ANYONE else (professional or amateur) telling you what you should be enjoying.

You're right, Breezy... As much as I enjoy wine, I've never believed that there was a clearcut 'right' or 'wrong' wine. I rarely drink wine any more. I used to drink more wine, but I've now gone back to beer and spirits. I will occasionally enjoy a celebratory glass (or bottle) of sparkling wine or champagne.

I just used the wine example because it supported the notion that, unless someone knows your tastes very well, it's difficult to take a recommendation and KNOW you're going to like it, be it wine or food or (as you said) professional or amateur.

(edited to add) Oh... and you can just call me Z. That's fine.

Great response!!

I'm certainly glad I took time to meet you great folks!! This has been a very inspiring quest. I've learned a lot and enjoyed some great suggestions from some very talented people. I tried some combos, and had great success. I'm looking forward to my next project. Thanks.
Terry

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom