Chicken Nachos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mandoman

Assistant Cook
I know this is old hat to some, but,....I have had chicken nachos that use a chicken meat base, cooked with onion, bell peppers, garlic, in a white queso sauce. Now for the question. What possible spices/seasonings would be used? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I'm not too experienced with that, but off the top of my head I'd throw in a diced habanero, a bit of cumin, some red chile powder, and perhaps some oregano -- I know it works well with chicken, though I'm not entirely sure how it'd go with the other ingredients.

Here's a mix I use:

Mexican Seasoning Mix

¼ c chili powder
¼ c cumin
¼ c ground coriander
¼ c granulated garlic
1/8 c ground black pepper
1/8 c red pepper flakes
1 T salt

Blend together and store in an airtight container.

I take a chicken breast, pound it out kind of thin, and put it in a ziplock baggie. I mix a tablespoon of the seasoning mix with 2 T of veggie oil and the juice of half a lime. I pour this into the baggie, and make sure that the marinade is in contact with the entire breast by squeezing out as much air as I can. Marinade in the frige for 30 minutes, then grill until done. Slice the chicken, arrange on the nacho chips, cover with cheese and any other goodies, then under a broiler until the cheese melts.

Keeping the Mex mix in the frig instead of making it fresh everytime...*popping myself on the forehead*:huh:

What a lifesaver!!!!

AllenMI said:
Here's a mix I use:

Mexican Seasoning Mix

¼ c chili powder
¼ c cumin
¼ c ground coriander
¼ c granulated garlic
1/8 c ground black pepper
1/8 c red pepper flakes
1 T salt

Blend together and store in an airtight container.

I take a chicken breast, pound it out kind of thin, and put it in a ziplock baggie. I mix a tablespoon of the seasoning mix with 2 T of veggie oil and the juice of half a lime. I pour this into the baggie, and make sure that the marinade is in contact with the entire breast by squeezing out as much air as I can. Marinade in the frige for 30 minutes, then grill until done. Slice the chicken, arrange on the nacho chips, cover with cheese and any other goodies, then under a broiler until the cheese melts.

This is one of the best spice combos I've ever tried!! I highly recommend it! I have used it in most of the mexican dishes I prepare, and it has worked beautifully everytime.....Sir you are a gentleman and a scholor!! My hat is off to you. Thank you also for all of the other suggestions!

Back
Top Bottom