Chilaquiles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CraigC

Master Chef
Who likes them and what is your favorite recipe?

Craig

Had to look that one up.
They sound delicious. How do you like yours?

We use a recipe out of a vegetarian Mexican cookbook (bought by mistake) and add grilled chicken. We also use flour tortillas. They are great. I like Mexican crema a lot better than sour cream for these.

Craig

I was wondering how they would be with scrambled eggs mixed in. I only wiki'ed them and that was one of their definitions. One way to find out :^)

I use corn tortillas and always make a homemade salsa... I like them just the way they are, and yes Pancanis it's wonderful with scrambled eggs, though i've never mixed it in, just on the side... I also add chicken or pork, queso fresco, and mexican crema...

This is the ultimate hangover food!!! :whistling:whistling:whistling

Oooh!!! I'm going to be making these! Sounds like a perfect breakfast! I have an avocado sitting right over there>>>>

PF this dish is wonderful, I make it with a green salsa also (verde) and sometimes I layer it lasagne style...

Well I just finished making chilaquiles for lunch. I followed this recipe with the exception of deep frying my own corn tortillas. It was pretty good. And now I've got some homemade chili sauce leftover for other meals.
Thanks for bringing this dish to my attention, Craig :)

Attachments

• chilaquiles rojo.jpg
    chilaquiles rojo.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 187
Your welcome! ;) Those look awesome! I wish the pictures I took of the sheet pan of pablonos, jalapenos, tomatoes, tomatillos, garlic and onions had turned out. I took some before and after charring under the broiler yesterday. I made a red and green sauce for enchiladas.

Craig

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom