Chinese BBQ (Pork - Chicken - Duck)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
American Test Kitchen has a doable recipe for BBQ pork ribs that is similar to to the one in the first and second video. But we all know the problem with that site. You can get their video and write it down though without sending in for a subscription. Which is so very annoying. :ermm:
I think you could just visit your local public library and check out whichever ATK season book has the recipe, and then cook it at home, write it down, scan it...

AFAIK all ATK recipes eventually appear in their cookbooks. I've got at least one of them and I'll buy more as soon as I've cooked an appreciable amount of those in my current ATK cookbook.

I think they've got a pretty good show, and I like their cookbooks. I'll admit their online site is a bit sucky.

Well I do have allergies and have asked what's in a sauce. Wish I had thought to do it when I wanted to know the recipe ingredients.
I agree, home cooks can try, but rarely is a recipe exactly duplicated at home. We go to a favorite steak place for steak even tho' some pretty good steaks have come off my stove and/or grill.
If you can exactly duplicate a recipe from a commercial restaurant then you wonder what value they are adding, other than not needing to cook it yourself, and that's a value for probably 90% of everybody, or even to those of us who enjoy cooking.

Restaurants don't need to worry about amateur chefs such as ourselves. We home chefs are probably more likely to frequent restaurants than those who do not enjoy cooking. We are amateur chefs, but we are foodies even before that.

Restaurants don't need to worry about amateur chefs such as ourselves. We home chefs are probably more likely to frequent restaurants than those who do not enjoy cooking. We are amateur chefs, but we are foodies even before that.

I disagree. We are more likely to have higher expectations regarding quality and service. Their worry should be us not returning. There are several places I have tried once, never to return.:mad: Granted, most are of the chain variety.

I disagree. We are more likely to have higher expectations regarding quality and service. Their worry should be us not returning. There are several places I have tried once, never to return.:mad: Granted, most are of the chain variety.

I can think of two chains right off the top that I will never go back to. Applebee's. The first time I ordered an open faced roast beef sandwich. It came out with the roast beef just barely heated and the center was still frozen. At a different one later. The same thing.

Chilli's. The plate came out heated and was so hot I got burnt. The waitress failed to mention that the plate was hot. When I called her over to show her the red mark, she got an attitude. I asked to see the manager. Another one with an attitude. No thanks. They will never see me darken their door again.

We have one here that is pretty much local. The 99 Pub. All their prices end in $.99. Service was one step below non-existent. Took 20 minutes for the waitress to notice us. Then 30 minutes for our meal. Can't tell you how long to get the check. Had to corner the manager to get it. Left no tip. She really didn't deserve it. And it was two in the afternoon. Long after the lunch rush.

Needless to say, I am not fond of chains. :mad:

Back
Top Bottom