Chinese Style Red BBQ Rib Bites?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

I made country style spare "ribs" in the oven last night, using Paul Kirk's Char Sui recipe, (like obiwan's, but with ginger, no ketchup).

I cooked the marinaded "ribs" on a rack over water, but I thought they were cut from the BUTT, not the LOIN, and WAY overcooked them.

I would like to try again, and would like to keep the last step: turning the oven to "Broil" at the end, keeping the rack in the middle, glazing the ribs with boiled char sui marinade and broiling them until mahogany-colored with a little char. On each side.

I will use a probe thermometer next time, and I want the internal temp of the finished product, after broiling, to be 140-145.

What oven temp do you think I should bake the ribs at? At what internal temp should I turn the oven to "broil", so not to overcook the ribs?

Lee

those sure look good ! I'm going to have to try this..I love the little bbq ribs at Chinese restaurants. I may try it with pork chops first time. Or is this recipe best with a meat thats cooked a long time?
How much ginger did you add to the recipe ?? I love ginger :chef:

Last edited:
"What oven temp do you think I should bake the ribs at? At what internal temp should I turn the oven to "broil", so not to overcook the ribs?"

I would bake them around 300 or so for a while, at the end hit em with 425. I broiled them at 475 and overcooked them last time. I think its more about how long you marinade and how well you baste to get the perfect char, temp matters but the longer I marinade the better they turn out no matter what.

Okay, Mikey, I'll try the lower temp.

I never have trouble with these on my Weber Smokey Mountain!

Lee

Back
Top Bottom