Coconut Lobster - Bare Jhingha Aur Naryal Ka Salan
As I had suggested this unforgettable recipe to Jonny from the U.K., here it is for all who love coconut, ginger and lobster ... This recipe can be made with shrimp, Dover Sole or Sea Bass, or any other delicate white fish. This is appetiser for special occasions.
2 Live Lobsters
the pulp from 1 hairy brown coconut filled with milk cut into chunks ( grate the coconut )
1 small red chili pepper ( dried cayenne chili pepper with flakes works too )
3 garlic cloves peeled
1/4 inch piece of ginger root peeled
6 stalks of coriander with leaves
1 tblsp Balsamic Vinegar ( optional )
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup olive oil
1) boil the lobsters for 10 minutes in salted water in a large stock pot
2) when cool enough to handle, split the lobsters open and remove the tail and claw meat and arrange on a serving platter
3) the sauce: combine the coconut chunks grated, chili pepper, garlic, ginger root, coriander, vinegar and salt in a Food Processor and blend to paste
4) Serve this dip with Lobster as a side.
5) Drizzle the olive oil lightly on the lobster meat
6) garnish the lobster lightly with fresh coriander
*** serve with a sparkling white wine, Cava, Prosecco or Champagne
*** melt 2 tablespoons of butter and serve as an additional side with lobster
*** ali oli: this can be lovely too; 4 garlic cloves smashed in mortar with pestle, and then pour very slowly in olive oil and whisk rapidly in metal bowl until emulsified and white, and stop adding oil.
Margi Cintrano. *** drink the milk, it is very good for you ...