Coffee filter wrapped Tamales?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

letscook

Head Chef
I received the FoodNetwork recipe of the day email and today was Butternut squash tamales. As looking at the recipe and the reviews I see one person wrote that she use corn husk and Coffee filters. COFFEE Filters ???? Anyone hear of that? Does it really work? Of course using the corn husk is tradional. Just curious ! recipe below

Butternut Squash Tamales Recipe : Food Network Kitchens : Food Network

I don't know why coffee filters wouldn't work - you could also use parchment paper, tissue paper, butcher paper if it isn't plastic coated on one side - but after having said that I remembered that I have seen some tamales that were wrapped and cooked in plastic wrap!

I haven't used coffee filters yer but i usually use tamale wrapper/paper are Dried corn husks u can buy at the grocery or Mexican store. But parchment paper also works fine coz it's readily available. In some parts of Mexico they use banana leave for wrapping
DriedCornHusks.jpg

i use the corn husks when i can find them
I haven't used parchment paper for them yet, I was stating that i use parchment paper alot for other things. Guess I could of worded that better.

Actually I like the coffee filter idea, may try that this year when my friend and I get together to make tamales. We make about 20 dozen each year.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom