Curdling yogurt

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Suthseaxa

Senior Cook
I have been looking into biryanis a lot recently and have bene learning about the two main types: pakhi biryani and katchi biryani.

Pakhi biryani involves cooking the meat/sauce beforehand and only adding the rice at the end before allowing to steam.

Katchi biryani involves putting the raw meat/marinade in the pot, layering wiht rice and then allowing to cook.

My question is: how is it possible to stop the yoghurt from the meat marinades from curdling when the whole lot is put in the pot raw? If I am making a sauce, I can always gradually heat up the yoghurt by adding small spoons of sauce. Not so with katchi biryani. Had anyone had any experience/success with this method of cooking?

I have been looking into biryanis a lot recently and have bene learning about the two main types: pakhi biryani and katchi biryani.

Pakhi biryani involves cooking the meat/sauce beforehand and only adding the rice at the end before allowing to steam.

Katchi biryani involves putting the raw meat/marinade in the pot, layering wiht rice and then allowing to cook.

My question is: how is it possible to stop the yoghurt from the meat marinades from curdling when the whole lot is put in the pot raw? If I am making a sauce, I can always gradually heat up the yoghurt by adding small spoons of sauce. Not so with katchi biryani. Had anyone had any experience/success with this method of cooking?
A little cornflour/cornstarch would probably stabilise the yogurt

Back
Top Bottom