HI..Im half Filipino and when it comes to Asian Cooking, Filipino cuisine is one of the best. Id like to share this recipe with y'all.
Yellow Ribbon Turon
(makes 20 pieces)
- 10 saba bananas, sliced lengthwise
- 20 lumpia wrappers (spring roll wrappers)
- brown sugar (start with ½ cup then keep adding when you run out)
- 10 pieces Choc-nut chopped (this will also depend on how much you want to put into your turon)
- 10 pieces total Curly Tops & Flat Tops, chopped (again, this will also depend on how much you want to put into your turon)
- a little water
- oil for frying
Here’s what you do:
- Spread the brown sugar in a bowl wide enough to lay the banana slices in.
- Coat a slice of banana in the brown sugar.
- Place the coated banana on one end of the lumpia wrapper
- Place alternating chunks of Choc-nut on the banana slice (Feel free to do this to your taste, if you want more of the peanut or more of the chocolate flavor.
- Fold wrapper and banana over once, then fold the side ends in, then continue folding until you reach the end of the wrapper. Seal the end with water.
- Repeat procedure with the rest of the banana slices.
- Fry in hot oil until golden brown.
choc-nut is a Philippine made product,,You can substitute it with chopped peanuts or any chocolate u want....You can also top the turones with vanilla ice cream..Hope y'all try this one out. xoxo