"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > International Cuisines and Ethnic Cookery

Old 09-04-2009, 03:01 AM   #41
Senior Cook

My favourite meat ball rice porridge (congee) is very easy to prepare. Even children like very much. Asians feed their children with a lot of rice porridge cooked in various ways.

Ingredients
cooked rice
sweet corn water (water from cooking sweet corn)
light soya sauce to taste
pepper powder (optional)
minced meat
leafy vegetables
fried shallots oil
coriander leaves to garnish

More pictures and steps to cook it at Keep Learning Keep Smiling Meat Balls Rice Porridge

Old 09-05-2009, 02:44 AM   #42
Senior Cook

kimchi is seriously appetizing. It's my family favourite. I learned to make it from my Korean friends. It's actually easy to make. It goes well with many food. If you follow the pictures and steps you can make it. More at http://www.keeplearningkeepsmiling.c...imchi-is-easy/

Cheers,
shalinee

Old 09-05-2009, 07:46 AM   #43
Head Chef

Nice looking kimchi and the recipie looks good also.
Old 09-07-2009, 02:57 AM   #44
Senior Cook

powerplantop, thanks lots for your compliments. We have been enjoying it since I made. Hope to make kimchi pancake soon.
Old 09-07-2009, 03:02 AM   #45
Senior Cook

The best salmon that I have ever cooked.....Teriyaki Salmon. My family loved it so much that they asked for it again early the next morning. Best with plain rice. It is easy to prepare from scratch. Recipe and more pictures at http://www.keeplearningkeepsmiling.c...riyaki-salmon/

Cheers,
shalinee

Old 09-07-2009, 06:13 AM   #46
Senior Cook

Philippine Adobo

Though heavily infliuenced by Latin cooking the Filipino-style adobo is one of the best food ive tasted.
'ypically, pork or chicken, or a combination of both, is slowly cooked in soy sauce, vinegar, crushed garlic, bay leaf, and black peppercorns, and often browned in the oven or pan-fried afterward to get the desirable crisped edges.'(wikipedia)
Ive had adobo pork rice and it was oh so good..reminds me of home.Chicken adobo is also good. It goes well with fried rice.

Old 09-08-2009, 03:02 AM   #47
Senior Cook

heard a lot about the famous Philippine adobo chicken. Hope to try one of these days to cook it.
Old 09-08-2009, 03:30 AM   #48
Senior Cook

great food

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalinee View Post
heard a lot about the famous Philippine adobo chicken. Hope to try one of these days to cook it.
I hope you try it soon,,its really delicious.

chicken adobo Filipino style
Old 09-08-2009, 03:35 AM   #49
Senior Cook

that looks so delicious. Taking note of it. Thanks so much.
Old 09-09-2009, 02:49 AM   #50
Senior Cook

Looking for a healthy, vegetarian pancake? My family favourite is Korean kimchi pancake. It is simple to make and tastes very good. Check out the picture and recipes on how to make it. It's great for any time and any occasion. Keep Learning Keep Smiling Healthy Korean Kimchi Pancake

Cheers,
shalinee

Tags
cashew nuts, chicken, chinese, cooking, recipe

Delicious, easy, simple Asian recipes Hi I have a lovely Chinese recipe to share here. I love Chinese food and Chinese cooking. I cooked Cashew Nut Chicken yesterday for dinner. Goes very well with plain rice and stir-fry broccoli. [U][B]Ingredients A[/B][/U] 3 chicken thighs (debone and cut into strips) 1 T light soya sauce 1 T cornflour Mix and marinade for 30 minutes. [B][U]Ingredients B (sauce)[/U][/B] 3 T light soya sauce 3 T water 1 T sugar 1 t vinegar 1 t corn flour 3 T chili sauce (optional) Mix all together in a small bowl. [U][B]Ingredients C (garnishing)[/B][/U] 1/2 C cashew nuts (roasted) coriander Heat up 3 T of oil, add the chicken. Cook it well. Add the sauce and stir till thickened. Dish it up. Top with cashew nuts and coriander for garnishing. Serve hot with plain rice. A pot of Chinese tea to go with it will be fantastic.:chef: 3 stars 1 reviews