"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > International Cuisines and Ethnic Cookery

Old 09-21-2009, 05:23 AM   #61
Senior Cook

looks great

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalinee View Post
Fried rice is my family favourite. It really easy to cook. The fastest is to use Spam. More picture and recipe how I did it.Keep Learning Keep Smiling Delicious Spam Fried Rice

Cheers,
shalinee

your fried rice looks great..loving the eggs, peas and red red chilies..

Old 09-21-2009, 08:45 AM   #62
Master Chef

Looks delicious! After seeing that, I may have to whip up some here real soon! Fried Rice is a big favorite around here. Popular ingredients I use include diced turkey ham, small or diced cooked shriimp, diced or shredded cooked chicken, diced omelet or firm scrambled eggs, frozen peas & carrots, chopped bok choy, & bean sprouts.

Old 09-23-2009, 02:46 AM   #63
Senior Cook

sounds very delicious. Fried rice is actually so fun to make cos you can go wild with creativity in the ingredients while yet simple and fast.
Old 09-23-2009, 03:02 AM   #64
Senior Cook

I have here a very popular Malaysian snack....curry puffs (or pasties). We grew up eating lots of these. Now that I'm far from home, I have to make them. I make them often but this fried spiral type was my first attempt. It came out successful and tasted great. There are 2 parts to it. Part 1 on making the filling and Part 2 on making the pastry skin and wrapping. More pictures and recipes to show you how to do ithttp://tinyurl.com/lajrzw & Keep Learning Keep Smiling Spiral Chicken Curry Puffs (Part 2 - Pastry)

Cheers,
shalinee

Old 09-23-2009, 05:52 AM   #65
Senior Cook

empanadas

Quote:
I have here a very popular Malaysian snack....curry puffs (or pasties). We grew up eating lots of these. Now that I'm far from home, I have to make them. I make them often but this fried spiral type was my first attempt. It came out successful and tasted great. There are 2 parts to it. Part 1 on making the filling and Part 2 on making the pastry skin and wrapping. More pictures and recipes to show you how to do ithttp://tinyurl.com/lajrzw & Keep Learning Keep Smiling Spiral Chicken Curry Puffs (Part 2 - Pastry)

Cheers,
shalinee

kinda like empanadas in the Philippines...i miss those:( great picture by
the way

Philippine Empanadas
Old 09-24-2009, 11:59 PM   #66
Senior Cook

mexican mama, what is it called in the Philippines?
Old 09-25-2009, 12:05 AM   #67
Senior Cook

Ever thought of cooking an Asian meal for friends? I have just invited 4 friends over for a meal recently. So, I prepared a lovely meal for 6 from the recipes that I have been posting. Cooking an Asian meal is not difficult. Just need some organisation and planning. More picture at Keep Learning Keep Smiling Asian Dinner Menu For 6

Cheers,
shalinee

Old 09-25-2009, 03:03 AM   #68
Senior Cook

my simple way of making a healthy salmon salad. Tastes very nice but simple to prepare. Just salmon, tomatoes, herbs and your favourite dressing

cheers,
shalinee

Old 09-25-2009, 11:01 AM   #69
Senior Cook

empanadas

Quote:
mexican mama, what is it called in the Philippines?

Its called Empanadas in the Philippines whether it's chicken empanadas, beef or vegetarian. it's really very good
Old 09-26-2009, 04:15 AM   #70
Senior Cook

Mexican Mama, thanks for the term in Philippines.

Tags
cashew nuts, chicken, chinese, cooking, recipe

Delicious, easy, simple Asian recipes Hi I have a lovely Chinese recipe to share here. I love Chinese food and Chinese cooking. I cooked Cashew Nut Chicken yesterday for dinner. Goes very well with plain rice and stir-fry broccoli. [U][B]Ingredients A[/B][/U] 3 chicken thighs (debone and cut into strips) 1 T light soya sauce 1 T cornflour Mix and marinade for 30 minutes. [B][U]Ingredients B (sauce)[/U][/B] 3 T light soya sauce 3 T water 1 T sugar 1 t vinegar 1 t corn flour 3 T chili sauce (optional) Mix all together in a small bowl. [U][B]Ingredients C (garnishing)[/B][/U] 1/2 C cashew nuts (roasted) coriander Heat up 3 T of oil, add the chicken. Cook it well. Add the sauce and stir till thickened. Dish it up. Top with cashew nuts and coriander for garnishing. Serve hot with plain rice. A pot of Chinese tea to go with it will be fantastic.:chef: 3 stars 1 reviews