Dolmadakia (Greek)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Saphellae

Head Chef
I have tried a couple of recipes for these and most recently one with tomatoes, but it is missing something. I will post the ingredients of my filling if anyone would be so kind as to add suggestions? Thanks!! :)

Ground Lamb (veal is also good)
green onions
mint
dill (I am not sure if this made a big difference.)
Tomato puree
Jasmine Rice
Vegetable stock

It seems to need more flavor. I haven't made it with the sauce or had it with any other sauce, but these should be good on their own.

Lemon is a must ! I keep lemon slices for dripping on them as I eat them. :)

Ooh and I have that recipe actually. It's the one I usually do, but I had dolmadakia at a restaurant and they made them with tomato.. they were DELICIOUS! I am missing one of their ingredients though unfortunately.

I buy Cavender's Greek seasoning, and often find (especially in the winter, when my herb garden is sleeping) that it adds exactly what I need for Greek, or even North African or Near Eastern dishes. I buy the regular, then use it in place of salt, but it also comes in a great salt-free version (regular in the yellow container, salt-free in the blue).

I love to make these stuffed grape leaves. One problem. Am I the only one who has one heck of a time getting them out of the jar? Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom