Egg, Chorizo, Chicken & Green Chile Taquitos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Greg Who Cooks

Executive Chef
This recipe comes from my fried FutureMon at DSL Reports forum, a vast forum that has a cooking area as a minor section. (Their site is mainly focused on broadband Internet technical, consumer and support topics.)

Ingredients:

1/2 pound chorizo
5-6 eggs
4-5 boneless chicken filets
green chile salsa
12-18 corn tortilla's (taco size)
peanut oil
garlic powder

Method:

Egg, Chorizo, Chicken & Green Chile Taquitos

I can't quote the method due to copyright constraints, but I've cooked his recipe with a few of my own minor alterations. For one, I used fresh minced garlic (sauteed). It was delicious!

I used Mission (brand) yellow corn tortillas, and I wrapped my tortillas two to each taquito, partially overlapping them to make the taquitos longer. I've done this recipe with either ground chicken or ground turkey, with success.

I served them with my home made guacamole sauce. And sour cream of course! :yum:

Last edited:
Do you have a recipe for "fried FutureMon"?:D Those look really interesting!

Craig

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Last edited:
It's his username at DSLR. I feel that it's important to give proper credit to the author of a recipe. BTW I haven't been a member at DSLR for years. I just came across this recipe from my records and realized that I hadn't cooked it in a long time, and remember how good the taquitos were. I hope somebody at DC will be interested enough to try it. I'm sure they'll enjoy the taquitos recipe too.

Back
Top Bottom