Encheritos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chef Munky

Honey Badger
All of this can be made ahead of time,then assembled as you need them.I started last night with the refried beans.Finished everything else up this morning.Dinner was ready by 1:00 pm,not bad for a Munky :)

Prep ahead of time for the refried beans http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f20/anyone-make-their-own-refried-beans-54471-2.html

The day of I make up the sauce.If you like Taco Bells mild sauce then this one would suit you.It's not too spicy.It's an even mild.I don't use it solely for Encherito's,we add it to the the shredded beef for Taquito's before they are fried. Enchalada sauce and Taco's,Burrito's.It keeps well refrigerated.

Enchalada Sauce

3 Tablespoons Chicken boulion
2 Tablespoons of chili powder
2 teaspoon of ground cumin
1 Tablespoon of garlic powder
1/2 cup of flour
1/2 finely chopped onions.Or Dried Onions
Dash of Cinnamon.*Optional*
3 cups of water up to 4 cups.Depends on how thick you like your sauces

In a medium saucepan,combine chili powder,cumin,garlic powder,cinnamon *optional*,and flour.Mix well.
Slowly add the water to the pan.Whisk well Add onions.
Heat to a low boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 1 hour,stirring often.Here's where you need to taste,and adjust the seasonings if you want.It's good with or without the cinnamon.It's up to you.Today I used it.
Remove from heat.Use it while it's still warm for the Encherito's.

1 pound cooked and drained ground beef
Refries
sauce *warmed*
cheddar cheese shredded
flour tortillas
Olives and chopped onions,as toppings

Plate a single flour tortillas,microwave it for 20 seconds.
Add some refries,top that with a few tablespoons of ground beef.
Roll it up like a burrito,Ladle the sauce over it,add your cheese,olives,and onions.

Enjoy :)

Munky.

Click the image to enlarge.

Back
Top Bottom