"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > International Cuisines and Ethnic Cookery

Old 08-03-2007, 01:35 PM   #31
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to kitchenelf
I, personally, like fruit rolls using nori. I like that flavor combination. I wouldn't like the fruit rollup as that would be too sweet. For a children's birthday party I bet making "fruit sushi" would be a big hit! Rice krispies bound together with a bit of marshmallow fluff for the rice maybe?

I have made fruit rolls uisng strawberries and cream cheese, another roll using cantelope, and I have even made a roll using salmon, cantelope, and cilantro. Even though the rolls have fruit in them I still like to dip them in a soy-based sauce, something like a ponzu with a bit more orange juice in it. I use the exact same rice I make my normal rolls out of.

Your coconut idea versus sesame seeds sounds AWESOME!

"Count yourself...you ain't so many" - quote from Buck's Daddy
kitchenelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 02:31 AM   #32
Sous Chef

Good stuff kitchen elf. I've only done dessert sushi a few times, and I didnt roll it at all. I just put the rice in a bowl topped with fruit.

I like idea of mixing fruit and fish, Ive done avocado (not a fruit?) /shrimp rolls, mango /salmon, and pineapple/ bell pepper /snapper.

Tags
None