Favorite Pizza Topping

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am a pizzaholic...even bad pizza is good. BUT...really good pizza is CULINARY ART. It could be a fine traditional Margarita with basil and mozarella. Or it could be an artisinal with whole wheat/micro brew ale crust topped with caramelized red onions, baby spinach, roasted garlic, sliced tomato, feta cheese and jumbo shrimp. Recently had a great one: standard tomato sauce and cheese w/ prosciuto, calamata olives, and goat cheese with fresh herbs. Awesome! but hey, sausage and peppers with mushrooms is great too!

I'm a big fan of the touchy-feely West Coast pizza toppings; artichoke hearts, mushrooms, goat cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, spinach, feta, garlic, fresh basil, etc.

:heart:
Z

I like mine relatively plain. I always want pepperonia, sausage (non-spicy), and green peppers on top. Definitely no anchovies, don't like olives and if I find them I pick them off. I don't like pineapple (or any fruit) on top either.

I don't mind something like onions, but only if they're chopped, not sliced into rings.

I did try a pizza with chicken topping once and it was very good. :chef:

awww, you're really missing something if you don't like fish on your pizza claire. ok, well not the fish itself necessarily, altho calamari pizza is good if done properly, but if you like mussels marinara or fra diavolo, try taking a little of the leftover sauce from the mussels (much like adding anchovy paste when making the sauce, but stronger) and putting it on your pizza. or better yet, make the pizza with the fish flavored sauce.

it is pizza nirvana... until the next slice, with chopped raw onions and franks red hot...:cool:

bucky, i can't eat pizza now without dousing it in hot sauce, lol. i love it like that!
and don't get me started on how yummy the raw onions are on it.
and lots of black pepper. and oregano. this little pizza place here got me into putting oregano or Italian seasoning on my pizza and it is so good like that.

pickled or fresh sc?

luvs, try some dried savory instead of oregano the next time you have pizza, or flirt with the pizza guy and get him to make it with savory. it's a nice change, especially if you like oregano-ey pizzas...

I agree......even bad pizza is still good (or better than no pizza).

What is it about Pizza Hut deep dish? It is sooooooooooooo good. Now, PH is nowhere near my favorite when it comes to pizza, but their deep dish is fantastic the way it slightly crunches.

My years of living in Hawaii taught me to dislike spam, fish, and pineapple on pizza. Don't get me wrong, I'll eat it (heck, I'll eat anything)(do you realize my little small town paper will print some words these guys won't ... like aitch-eee-double-hockey-sticks and the alternative word for gender? It's great, though, because it stretches your vocabulary!).

I really thought, since most of you are pet lovers, you'd like this one: Once upon a time, many years ago, when we lived in Hawaii, we actually got a bad pizza. And I'm not fussy. I have my preferences, but there is almost no such thing as a bad pizza. This one was truly terrible. We had (have) what was then called a Geisha table; in effect, a Japanese dining room table, that we use for a coffee table. Back then we actually ate on it (hubby and I can still sit on the floor and get up, but many of our freinds cannot, so we don't dine on it very often). At the time we had a cat and a new puppy. The puppy couldn't get anywhere without help -- heck, three horizontal feet wore her out enough for a nap. Hubby and I wound up drinking a bottle of wine and eating almost none of the pizza and going upstairs to bed, leaving the pizza on the table. When we awoke and went downstairs we just about fell over laughing.

The cat didn't just satisfy herself jumping up on the table and eating the pizza, she threw it on the floor so the puppy could share it. They were both lying around, burping and farting, with distended bellies.

Now, when my ancient dog whines for food, I try to remember how entertaining she was when she was a pup.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom