Favorite Pizza Topping

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
favorite pizza topping

I didn't know what area to put this under, because I didn't see it.

Anyhow, I was wondering what people's favorite toppings for pizza, including homemade, were.

My Mom used to make pizza at home out of her own dough and we would throw all kinds of different stuff on there and for some reason, since I loved pecans and walnuts so much, I decided to make a pizza with that and some sliced tomatoes.

I've never really seen it anywhere else, but I'm sure someone has had to have tried it.

Any thoughts? Can you tell I'm craving pizza?

Moved to Ethnic. Thought that would work.

And mine is basically everything but peppers and anchovies. All the meat you can jam on there, some onions, black olives and I am a happy camper!

Alix said:
Moved to Ethnic. Thought that would work.

And mine is basically everything but peppers and anchovies. All the meat you can jam on there, some onions, black olives and I am a happy camper!
I'm with you Alix. Hold the anchovies please, but I do like green peppers. Mushrooms, Canadian bacon, onions, olives, pepperoni, Italian sausage, and any other meat on my thick crust pizza.

One thing I want to try is Canadian bacon and pineapple. I have heard this is so good...

You know, I can leave the pineapple off. I don't much care for fruit on savory things. (BTW, ham and pineapple=Hawaiian pizza, Ken's fave)

Either you love the pineapple or you loathe it. Never heard anyone who was halfway about it.

Mine is the same as Alix's; I do like bell pepper on pizza but they don't like my stomach. Definitely no anchovies and for sure, no pineapple.

Mushrooms, more mushrooms, a good spicy fresh tomato sauce and/or fresh sliced romas, canadian bacon, sliced black olives, diced onions, diced green peppers, no salami, pepperoni or other greasy meats, real mozzarela, maybe a bit of cheddar -- not too heavy on the cheese! A great crust that's chewy, crisp and light. Mmmm...

One of the best pies I ever had was at a little place run by an Italian from Brooklyn .... a blaco pizza - just olive oil, some herbs, and cheese. Unfortunately - he folded after about 6 months.

texasgirl - I love the spinach alfredo pizza ... every had it with diced smoked chicken on top? The chicken alfredo pizza is good, too - but when you mix them together ... HEAVEN! Okay - so shoot me ... I like spinach.

I like just about anything on a pizza - although I must admit I prefer East coast to West coast styles. Double the sausage, mushrooms, olives, cheese - but hold off on the bean sprouts!

my favorite pizzas are:

plain, thin crust, with more sauce than cheese and fresh basil,(aka margherita)

plain, thin crust, topped with extra dried savory and oregano, frank's hot sauce and chopped raw onions

plain, medium crust, topped with leftover sauce from mussels fra diavolo

thin crust, more sauce than cheese, topped with eggplant, peppers, onions, and mushrooms

medium crust, extra sauce, light on the cheese, topped with fresh garlic, spinach, and goat cheese

medium crust, topped with pickled hot peppers, chopped raw onions, and crumbled sausage

used to be tomatoes and extra cheese, but i have begun to love extra pepperoncinis.

Either Pepperoni and Mushroom, or hot peppers and Italian sausage.

Although I'm more than happy to induldge in other types of pizzas, too.

John

Our local pizza place has my favourite which is called "Meaty King prawn". It has sweet n sour sauce, bacon, prawns, pineapple (although I usually pick that off) and cheese. YUM:)

Am I the only one who loves avocado on their pizza?

Here's one of my favorite pizzas:
Tomato slices
Avocado slices
Red onion slices
jalepenos
crispy bacon

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom