Favorite taco truck?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

roadfix

Chef Extraordinaire
My favorite taco truck parks behind the car wash at the corner of Santa Monica Blvd and Gower St in Hollywood. Best tacos in town. I could down a dozen asada tacos topped with chopped onions and cilantros in 10 minutes. :)

I live on the east coast and the closest taco truck is probably the one parked behind the car wash at the corner of Santa Monica Blvd and Gower St in Hollywood :LOL:

LOL very funny KE!

I use to always go with my dad to a taco stand in San Fernando Valley to get the best assada tacos wit cilantro and onions!! I could never recreate the flavor at home!! :(

Taco stands are cool too. There's a 24 hour joint nearby with a large covered patio. Very popular with the locals and especially with the club goers during the very early morning hours. Almost feels like you're in Ensenada, Mexico.

Here in Sacramento county they won't allow any food trucks to stop and park. they have to spend a short while and then move on.

Here in Sacramento county they won't allow any food trucks to stop and park. they have to spend a short while and then move on.
They just passed that same ordinance here in LA due to complaints from local restaurants. But they are free to park on private property all they want and conduct business.

at a taco truck that always came to my work there I always ordered cabeza tacos (cows head) it tasted like the most flavorful, most tender roast beef! Melted in your mouth!!
Man you are making me miss Cali!!:cry:

We use to have those come around the tech district in Irving... I don't remember anything good coming off those things and we often referred to them as the Roach Coach! I was way to young back then to appreciate food.

:LOL: That was good KE.... I'm sure that's the closest one to me, too!

No taco trucks around here either, city passed an ordinance to regulate them.
We do have hot dog stands outside our Lowes Home Improvement stores that
aren't bad.

Sometimes I like to fantasize about a Taco Truck type of operation, selling unusual
"fast foods". Probably be too much work and not enough bucks. Maybe just a state
fair food booth then, yeah..... ;)

When I was reading this post yesterday, I was thinking what a neat idea it would be to have a travelling taco truck, one that would drive right to your house and make them fresh in your driveway, rather than you driving to the nearest taco "hades" if you were in the mood and didn't have the ingredients. This way if you are a fan of hard shells like I am, you don't need to worry about soggy shells. If an operation can coordinate its business like pizza deliveries, several customers in the same area, it might work.
You heard it here first. :LOL:

DH found a BBQ truck here somewhere last summer.... wants to do something like that.
But Ice Cream Truck turned Taco??
THAT"S a good idea!!!

I was thinking about a Bagel truck for early morning sundays, the lazy people who dont feel like getting up in the morning and driving to the bagel store. Not sure how much of a profit it would make, but sure would be convenient

No taco stands here but wish we did. Now that I think of it, we used to have a lot of hot dog trucks but haven't seen those in awhile either.

I was thinking about a Bagel truck for early morning sundays, the lazy people who dont feel like getting up in the morning and driving to the bagel store. Not sure how much of a profit it would make, but sure would be convenient

People will pay for convenience. Especially early morning convenience where they don't have to dress to go out and pick something up.
You could operate like the milkmen used to, go customer to customer leaving a bag of bagels in their container, maybe even an insulated carafe of hot coffee.

I could do a bagel truck!!! I just happen to knw a thing or 2...
Maybe a bagel / BBQ truck?

Back
Top Bottom