French cuisine = uninteresting? 0.o

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
one of my other favorites is Escargot Provencal which is a tomato-based sauce.

i had something similar recently. snails in a tomato-ey herb sauce. italian, not french though, but still great. not chewy at all.
they weren't in their shells, just a small pile with sauce in the middle of a plate with a depression in the center. the snails must have been trimmed a bit since they were served that way. when i've had them in their shells either grilled or chinese style, you realized that you're essentially eating a little slug because of the antannae and such.

One of the treasured ingredients within french cuisine is the humble gizzard.
I was amazed to view an American Diner that specialized in this fragrant offal:yum:
I like snails but real men eat gizzards.

Last edited:
I'm with you 100%! It seems no one eats plain cauliflower. It's always in a cheese sauce or some other collection of ingredients that mask the actual taste of the stuff.

I do eat it raw and plain, though I tend to like to put a little ranch on it too... Can't stand it cooked though.

I don't know, but I'm sure glad they did!

Artichoke and Pea Ragout! one of my favorite springtime veggie dishes! :yum:

but in this weather, my mind is on Boeuf Bourguignon. :w00t2:

I figure that the only way anyone would have tried Artichokes is by just throwing one on a fire and roasting it. I like them that way too. they must have been very hungry to try that.

I'm with you 100%! It seems no one eats plain cauliflower. It's always in a cheese sauce or some other collection of ingredients that mask the actual taste of the stuff.

You say mask, I say enhance. ;)

I too prefer it raw, even though I eat it cooked, also... with flavor enhancers :LOL:

I too prefer it raw, even though I eat it cooked, also... with flavor enhancers

A couple of years ago when SO was deep into low carb dishes, she clipped a recipe for me to make that included
Cauliflower, Sweet Italian Sausage, Cream Cheese, Smoked Gouda. It was delicious! I couldn't taste the cauliflower at all! I think I could grind up styrofoam cups and use it in place of the cauliflower and this combination of ingredients would taste great!

pacanis said:

I too prefer it raw, even though I eat it cooked, also... with flavor enhancers :LOL:

I love mine roasted with baby carrots and fresh rosemary, as well as raw, and with flavor enhancers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom