French cuisine = uninteresting? 0.o

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@ Craig,

Certainly, not lecturing, just some wise advice. I know France quite well. Had some maternal family there as well. My daughters and I had also studied ( and lived there for 6 months ) for an Advanced Certificate in the language there.

Even if a French person does speaks English, and everybody with a Professional position in a Miulti National Corporation does speak English, and quite well; they do not like speaking English outside their work.

To top it off, the dude who started this thread went with his lady for French cuisine at a French restaurant in an American city !

Have a nice Valentine´s Day.
M.C.

You just can't grasp that I was being humorous.:wacko: Some people just can't get over themselves and take things way to serious. Since you just can't figure it out. I was making fun of myself, you know, the dumb American who wished he was able to read the menu. I have never expected anyone should speak english when I'm in their country. If I moved to another country to live, first priority, learn the language. What you wrote above is lecturing and I, as many others I'm sure, consider it quite rude.

Craig

@ Craig,
To top it off, the dude who started this thread went with his lady for French cuisine at a French restaurant in an American city !

Have a nice Valentine´s Day.
M.C.

are you belittling me for not going all the way to france to eat in a french restaurant?

wow

Hello,

We have locked this thread. It has degenerated beyond it's original usefulness and intent. The Site Moderation team will continue to evaluate individual posts and determine any additional corrective actions as appropriate.

Discuss Cooking is intended to make all feel comfortable and welcome and we expect our members to post accordingly. You can review our rules here.

Please pay particular attention to the section on being nice - we take this very seriously!

Be Courteous! We aim to ensure that the forum is an enjoyable place that you want to visit time and time again. Treating each other with respect and kindness, and thinking before you speak will go a long way towards making this an enjoyable place. We take the "be nice" rule very seriously.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom