Galangal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Charlie,

As Craig noted at bottom of his post, SE Florida. I would imagine you can grow the galangal inside in a big pot in a sunny spot during the cold months and have it outside during your warm months. We potted ours because any kind of ginger spreads and goes wild here. I had some ornamental gingers planted once that we ended up pulling out when we got rid of our water garden and extended our patio. I pulled sprouts for years from the root system that ginger had developed. These are very hardy plants. We'd be happy to send you some in a few months after ours has rooted and stabilized itself if you want to try growing some.

Thank you. Maybe I'll just come visit you next time I am in Florida ;)
Where about in Florida are you?

Let me Know if you wish to try some homemade Thai curry pastes. I'll send you some next time I make it.;) It freezes well.

How about recipe Craig?

And Z, Thai chicken/coconut milk soup is one recipe that uses galagal. It gives the soup absolutely amazing smell and flavor.

Last edited:
Oh, wait west is the opposite direction. Miami is east. I'll be coming from Coral Spring into Miami. Passing thru Fort Lauderdale.

Oh, wait west is the opposite direction. Miami is east. I'll be coming from Coral Spring into Miami. Passing thru Fort Lauderdale.

If you are on the west side of Coral Springs (either Sample Rd. or Atlantic Blvd), you can take the Sawgrass Expressway (toll road) either north to the Turnpike or south to 595 east. Personally, I avoid I-95, in that area, like the plague!

Back
Top Bottom