"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > International Cuisines and Ethnic Cookery
Old 07-26-2005, 04:48 AM   #1
German recipes

Hi everyone,

I was not sure where to put my requested german receipes, but have after discussion put them and will always put in the ethic section. If anyone needs receipes from here, then tell me and I will be grateful to help

Susi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 09:21 AM   #2
Hospitality Queen
Thanks so much, Susi!!

Come visit my foodie blog: www.SockmonkeysKitchen.com
This week's topic: Pinterest and Potatoes
jkath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 02:30 PM   #3
Chef Extraordinaire
Send a message via MSN to kitchenelf
Moved to Ethnic Forum. I would love to see any recipe - post a beef one - thanks!!!

"Count yourself...you ain't so many" - quote from Buck's Daddy
kitchenelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 02:50 PM   #4
´Hi, the beef olives in ethic are beef. Would you like me to post something in the beef section?. I am on vacation for a week so it will be then when I get back. have you got anything special you would like? I still think that beef is done similar over there as it is here so it is a little difficult but I will give it a think.

Susi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 05:57 PM   #5
Senior Cook
Anyone have a good Borscht recipe?
comissaryqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 06:35 PM   #6
Executive Chef

Do you have a salad recipe I just adore ?My mother is german and makes it but I wont ask her for recipe as I just dont want to, and when I went back to germany my aunt made it, its a salad made simply with chopped onions,soaked in vinegar for a minute,salt,pepper,a pinch of sugar and some kind of knorr seasoning and milk.Maybe a little oil.
Its so simple yet so good that its all you want to eat, its a bit tart but the milk kinda thickens it and clings to just plain salad greens.I watched my aunt make it and wrote down the basic amounts but it just will not come out right.
They are from the rhineland area.
Also my aunt made a soup made of root vegetables,beef shank and beef bone marrow dumplings but is thickened with gruen corn? dont know what that is, I have made it with good results but I know it could be better.
The reason I crave these things I actually grew up in Germany in the 1960s and vividly remember those tastes that my oma made over there.
And my aunts rouladen is to die for.

jpmcgrew is offline   Reply With Quote