Goooood Chili Relleno Casserole

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Being from Hawaii, K'girl is going to love that ?

HA! You're right GG!
I tried that one, not a fan.
While we were back home in Honolulu this past May,
Hormel introduced "Portuguese Sausage Flavor" and try
as I might, I could not get my hands on a can.
They released only 2 case to 'select stores' each day;
by the time I got the closest store to us, they were gone.
I did get to try it at the Spam Jam in Waikiki, THAT
was fun!

Kgirl, here's the pictures you requested. Tonight I did the scaled down version of the recipe, along with a layer of diced browned Chorizo Spam. The topping was as written and delish. I gave it a shot under the broiler to make it purdy.
img_1445138_0_571816378629710dbd0313ced1158038.jpg

img_1445138_1_8fa15ce283516379cd69d2574d2420b9.jpg

Kay, that looks delicious! Makes me want to make another batch. :yum: I only had a pic of one little square from the other night and didn't think it was pic worthy, but yours sure is.

How did you like the addition of the Chorizo Spam? I never thought to add meat, but may have to give it a try next time. :)

Last edited:
Kgirl, here's the pictures you requested. Tonight I did the scaled down version of the recipe, along with a layer of diced browned Chorizo Spam. The topping was as written and delish. I gave it a shot under the broiler to make it purdy.
img_1445150_0_571816378629710dbd0313ced1158038.jpg

img_1445150_1_8fa15ce283516379cd69d2574d2420b9.jpg

Oh my gravy all over my two scoop rice (that's OMG! in my world).
K that is most ONO~licious looking!
Howzit with da Spam, sis? HOA! Broke da mouth, yeah?

Last edited:
Kay, that looks delicious! Makes me want to make another batch. :yum: I only had a pic of one little square from the other night and didn't think it was pic worthy, but yours sure is.

How did you like the addition of the Chorizo Spam? I never thought to add meat, but may have to give it a try next time. :)

EH! Cheryl, where your picture stay?
(Where's that photo Cheryl?)

Thanks ladies. The dish pictured is 8X12 I use often, and just right with the half recipe for the two of us, with leftovers. We both loved it with the addition of the browned cubes of Chorizo Spam although it's not necessary, but a nice substance addition for me on my low carb diet. SC enjoyed his side of classic Mexican rice, and we both enjoyed his always beautiful "glorified salads".

Cheryl, how the heck do you plate and photo so wonderfully?

Thanks, Dawg! I try to use natural light if it's available and just snap a couple of pics with my cell phone. It takes equal or better pics than my little Nikon Coolpix, and the cell phone is more readily available. :LOL:

This looks excellent! Other than the flour, which I can easily work around, it would completely fit on my diet. I've had the Chorizo spam, and I like it, too.

By the way, if you ever find yourself in Minnesota, the Spam Museum in Austin is a fun little side excursion. Unfortunately, it's in the midst of being moved to a new location and won't be opening again until next spring.

Thanks Steve. Yep, that Spam Chorizo is a keeper. Perfect authentic flavor and consistent texture. Fried up in cubes it really works with this dish.
I used the flour, but I think it would be fine without it.

I just added that Spam chorizo to my list. Hopefully they have it here, I do want to try it!

This could be one of my all time favorite dishes. We have almost finished my first attempt at making it. It was served to some vegetarians so was made sans Spam. But the next one, maybe tomorrow, will have chorizo Spam.

Back
Top Bottom