Great Food Revisited

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
A couple nights back, I said to my DW, "We haven't been to Sun Kwong's in ages. I've got a powerful craving for some good Chicken Chow Mein. Let's go Tuesday night. She quickly said yes, as it's a favorite.

We haven't been there in literally years. So last night, we drove into Sault Ste. Marie, Ont. and revisited one of our favorite Chinese Restaurants. I'd forgotten just how good their food is. one bite and I was in cullinary bliss. DW got the Chicken Sukiyaki, while I ordered the Thai Chicken Strips with fried rice. I'd never eaten that particular offering from their menu, and being a guy who always has to try something new, had to order something different. My meal was very good. DW's was better. I had a bite of hers and wished I had ordered the Chicken Sukiyaki.

How do I describe perfection? let me see. Bean sprouts perfectly stir-fried with strips of tender chicken, sliced onion, and celery, gently, but completely coated by a sauce that is lightly sweet, with a delicate smoke flavor born of intense wok heat. This dish is amazing in its simplicity. Each ingredient brings its own synergy to the dish. The final result is a subtle blend of flavors that makes you want to eat more. The stuff is so good that it could be described as addictive.

If you are ever in Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario, it would be well worth your time to stop at Sun Kwong's on Queen Street West, and try their outstanding Chicken Sukiyaki.

Seeeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Sounds fantastically fun, Chief....I just used Google Earth to locate Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario, and then used the 'fly to' feature to Perth ON. Looks like it might take me a day to drive there. IS it worth it? Might be a good short-vacation trip for hubby and me.
Are there also any good knitting shops in the Soo? I'm always in the mood for good yarn.
What other tourist sites can you recommend we see, if we decide to do a few nights' trip? Looks like there's an aviation museum which might interest my DH, some cute sculptures (a large moose, some fishing bears, a giant baseball....?)

Is there a historic downtown area to browse walking?

and there's a train ride?

Last edited:
First of let me say how lucky you are to have such a nice Chineese restaurant. I just lobe Chineese food, really love it. As the matter of fact when the question comes up where we should go, it is always Chineese for me. I don't even understand why my DW keeps asking, I do not like any other restaurants.
But you are even more lucky to come back to a plce after long time and find it to be still good. A lot of times places jsut do not keep up.
Good for you.

First of let me say how lucky you are to have such a nice Chineese restaurant. I just lobe Chineese food, really love it. As the matter of fact when the question comes up where we should go, it is always Chineese for me. I don't even understand why my DW keeps asking, I do not like any other restaurants.
But you are even more lucky to come back to a plce after long time and find it to be still good. A lot of times places jsut do not keep up.
Good for you.

You took the words out of my mouth ;-) There were several restaurants I really enjoyed, but some have changed owners, menus, prices, gone downhill; and are not the same. Enjoy while you can.

Good for you.
That's what I was thinking. I was also thinking he was lucky the restaurant was even still there.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom