Greek: Strapatsada (eggs and tomatoes)
Non-stick frying pan
3/4 kgr. tomatoes (two fingers thickness in your desired frying pan)
6-10 eggs slightly beaten (depends on size of frying pan)
5 Ts olive oil
feta cheese (or a cheese that melts nicely but a little salty)
1-2 green peppers (to taste)
* You de-skin the tomatoes by placing them in boiling water for a few minutes and then in cold water. The skin peels off very easily. If your tomatoes don't have thick skins you could leave them...it's up to you :-)
* Grate onions on the onion grater and place in frying pan. (NO OIL)
* Cook the juice until the watery part of the tomato is gone. Don't forget to stir often. Almost half or even less should be left in the pan.
* Add olive oil and green peppers and stir constantly.
* When the oil and tomatoes get hot/peppers soften add the eggs and salt
* Mix well as if you were making scrambled eggs
* When eggs are cooked turn off and add the cheese cubed.
* Sprinkle with cinnamon and black pepper
This is served as an appetizer or even as a main course with french fries. It's funny but even though it has eggs, it's not served for breakfast!
If your tomatoes aren't sweet but a bit tangy, add a little sugar!
Cooking is like love. It should be entered into with abandon or not at all. Harriet Van Horne