Hatch chiles...?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a gas stove, I roast them right on the burner, standing there with my tongs to turn them.

I love having a propane torch, when my yet-to-be husband, shot a deer, took the hide off, he was pleasantly surprised that 'his girl' carried this most important equipment. It is used to burn off the hair from the flesh. And to caramelize sugar.

I don't have the patience to do that. I cut off the stem end, cut them in half, scoop out the membranes and seeds and roast them under the broiler till the skins blister and loosen, then put them in a bowl with a kitchen towel over it to let them steam. Then remove the skins and freeze.

Beth is buying them by the *case*. There must be hundreds in a case.

Beth is buying them by the *case*. There must be hundreds in a case.
Yeah I saw that. I'm thinking we should have a hatch pepper meeting at Beth's, she's the obvious ring leader in all of this. :LOL: Her and Steve's pictures of stuffed peppers wrapped in BACON ! :LOL:

Yeah I saw that. I'm thinking we should have a hatch pepper meeting at Beth's, she's the obvious ring leader in all of this. :LOL: Her and Steve's pictures of stuffed peppers wrapped in BACON ! :LOL:

I would be thrilled to have a meet-up at Beth's! I have relatives in Las Cruces!

Solodancingpepper.GIF

Back
Top Bottom