You don't have a rice cooker. No problem. Here is how to cook Korean rice (white and short grain) using a cooking pan.
2 cups white rice, short grain (e.g., Rhee Chun Rice)
2 cups water
1 multi-layer cooking pan (I used iCook's 2-qt. Junior Saute Pan)
- Rinse the rice in cold water about three times.
- Soak the rice in cold water for 30 minitues.
- Drain the water and place the rice in a multi-layer cooking pan.
- Add 2 cups of water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Mix the rice up and down.