Hummus Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
olive oil

Hi, you really don't have to use Greek olive oil,,, any extra virgin, cold press, first press will be excellent choice..but there Mediterranean market *there is a lot of them in every state..and you can buy Lebanese olive oil, *its my favorite, and so is the Lebanese olive with its distinct flavor* of course Calamata olive and Greek olive oil is great also.. finally, I will sent you private message for the email address

Dear Food Lover,

I love, love, love Lebanese food of any kind. May I have your e-mail address for more flavors or recipes if you wish to share.:yum:

Last edited by a moderator:
@ Pie Rogi,

In answer to your olive oil question: I would use Lebanese, Greek, Turkish, as the Hummus is a Mediterranean, Gulf and Middle Eastern classic appetiser. Another excellent choice and easier to obtain in the USA is either extra virgin light 100% Arbequina or 100% Hojiblanca Spanish Olive Oil. A brand I like with Hummus is: Borges from Girona, Spain as it is much lighter than olive oils from Jáen and Córdoba varieties.

Hummus, is a standard at our home and we enjoy it ... good for you too. I also make a dish from Egypt called: Ba Ba Gha Nash and in Morocco, Mutabal or in English: Aubergine Pureé ( Roasted Eggplant with Tahine Sesame Paste ).

The basic recipe is the same except, the quintessential ingredient is Roasted Eggplant, not chickpeas.

Another alternative is: white cannelloni bean pureé ... With pinenuts ... Nice too however, I serve with oven hot Focaccia ...
Then, once in awhile I also prepare a Black Turtle Bean pureé and garnish with warm corn kernels, red onion slices, sour cream with cayenne chili and Jalepeño diced and Mexican Oxaca white cheese ( I live in Europe so I do not have " Monterrey Jack " ) and diced avocado and serve it with warm toasted Corn Tortillas.

Let me know how it turns out.
Kindest,
Margi Cintrano.

I added 1/2 a mashed sweet potato. I would guess about the equivalent of 2 cans of chickpeas. I cooked a large bag, used about half of them for that, and the rest for roasted chickpeas (one large cookie sheet).

I added 1/2 a mashed sweet potato. I would guess about the equivalent of 2 cans of chickpeas. I cooked a large bag, used about half of them for that, and the rest for roasted chickpeas (one large cookie sheet).

YUM - May I ask how you use the roasted chickpeas. I love roasted vegetables and roasted chickpeas sounds wonderful. I would like to do that to but don't know how to use them.:rolleyes:

YUM - May I ask how you use the roasted chickpeas. I love roasted vegetables and roasted chickpeas sounds wonderful. I would like to do that to but don't know how to use them.:rolleyes:
You eat them like peanuts (at least I do as a snack). I have a long road trip coming up, so thought I'd made some for "road food." The problem is, I ate them all so now I have to make more!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom